Notary Rotary
The next time you're called by a 1-2-3 star company
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2013 Index

Posted by 101livescan on 10/13/13 9:16am
Msg #487925

And you inform them you are unable to take their assignment because of their ratings in SS,
send them a screen shot of their ratings to help them understand why this forum as a group is wise to low, slow, never paying schemes and we've had enough. We're fighting back. Enough is enough.

Unfortunately the number of 4 and 5 star companies to work with is waning. The companies we've traditionally worked for are going by the wayside, one by one. How is it that some companies survived much longer than they should have, as their payment histories became less and less "stellar"? Because notaries did not stay up to date with how these were performing, the numbers of unpaid orders began stacking up and finally notaries are owed thousands of dollars and have no way to be paid by these defunct companies.

Important to identify and quantify companies that call you and not just say "yes" because your phone hasn't rung all day.

Reply by Linda Juenger on 10/13/13 9:31am
Msg #487928

I just did this exact thing last week to National Loan Closers. They didn't call me, but sent emails. I copied and pasted the comments in SC and sent it to them. No response.

Reply by Christine/OK on 10/13/13 9:49am
Msg #487930

Method has been my POA from the beginning . . . :D n/m

Reply by Notarysigner on 10/13/13 10:36am
Msg #487936

Cheryl..= research for fun/reality

Because I was sooo busy with signings LOL I reviewed all the SS I worked for last in S/C Guess what? All of them except two (I worked for 23 different SS) RATINGS have dropped at least one star!

Reply by 101livescan on 10/13/13 10:47am
Msg #487937

Re: Cheryl..= research for fun/reality

It happens to the best of us! Not me lately, but in 2005-6, I got left holding the bag with three companies, and guess what? Their owners are still in business scamming people in other ways and means.

This the most scandalous business I've ever witnessed SS's ripping off unsuspecting notaries, right up their with Ponzi schemes.

Reply by Frank/NC on 10/13/13 10:58am
Msg #487939

They survive because there will always be some newbie or other notary who doesn't read this forum. There is always the notary who does look at ratings but also thinks they are the one person who is going to get paid. Some of the 4 and 5 star companies are also lowering their fees and really shouldn't be considered to be one of the "stellar" companies to work for. Have any of you also noticed that many of the 4 and 5 star companies are holding invoices longer before paying?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.