Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
This forum used to be a place to glean useful ...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2013 Index

Posted by HisHughness on 10/17/13 10:51pm
Msg #488546

... information for professional notaries.

Of late, it consists of only three topics:

1. Somebody is demanding I get a background check, and I don't want to.

2. Business is slow, but the mailman bringing my bills isn't.

3. Somebody is not paying me, and I want us all to pee on his grave en masse.

Give it a break, folks. At least talk about something else occasionally, like is it shouting if you use all caps in the venue statement of an acknowledgement, or what if the signer's drivers license is in Cyrillic, or if the notary is an atheist, can he call on the name of God in swearing somebody?

I'm getting desperate. If I read many more of those BGC posts, I'm going to switch over and start reading the numbers forum. That's how bad it's gotten, folks.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 10/17/13 11:01pm
Msg #488549

Thanks for offering us some very much needed levity here, Hugh! You've been missed!

Reply by Belinda/CA on 10/17/13 11:34pm
Msg #488552

Just got back from vacation to a

Flooded house because of a broken pipe. Company is due in two days and they are staying for a week.

Question is:
Can I have people sign a wet journal?
Would you advise setting it in the sun, setting with it for an hour with a blow dryer, or, heck, just let it mold with the pages stuck together?

Is this a good change os subject?

Reply by Notarysigner on 10/18/13 7:34am
Msg #488567

Your Journal got wet locked away in a

safe place? Don't answer that ! LOL

You're going to need another vacation after you're through cleaning up.

Reply by Susan Fischer on 10/18/13 12:23pm
Msg #488627

Belinda - put newspaper between journal pages, gently

step (no twisting) straight down, replace newspapers, repeat until newspapers no longer sop up water. Remove newspapers, then use hair dryer (on low heat) and aim from the top/bottom edges, blowing into the book to completely dry pages. End result won't be pretty, but you'll be able to read them if you ever need to.

Waste not, want not - don't let it mold.

When company arrives, hand each guest a mop, gloves, roll of paper towels, and spray bottle of Clorox Cleanup. Take orders for pizza, beverages; eat, drink, and clean merrily.

Reply by 101livescan on 10/18/13 12:08am
Msg #488555

I myself am contemplating a breast enhancement, new fast car, household furnishigns and a trip to Cancun, as that seems to be the trend these days.

As soon as my ship comes in! I'll post my pictures, you'll all have to eat your hearts out! And I'll be the envy of many! But how will I disguise my new front to my high level clients, as I know the wives will not enjoy my new breasts as much as their husbands!

Decisions, decisions! I am in a quandary here. Pls guide me.

Reply by notarydi/CA on 10/18/13 1:18am
Msg #488560

Re: AMEN! Hugh.....

I did get a chuckle today as I sat nursing my sore throat and cold with hot tea.....had an offer of $75 from one of those sites that send out blanket e-mails for signing jobs.....whoever responds first gets the job.....laughed hysterically......hit delete button......

am considering writing a book of notary stories....not sure if I want to start with the dog humping my leg and me trying to kick him off.....or the boat signing with the backed up toilet and no windows that would open.....have a good signing day tomorrow everyone!

Reply by PJM/MI on 10/18/13 4:56am
Msg #488564

Agree 100% with you! Also seeing trashing/bashing posters on here ("Put up your dukes!"),
and the, "hey. I'm new here. Tell me how to make millions like XYZ told me I could make".
It seems the posters from a few yrs back are either A) No longer with us (RIP PAW), B) Dropped out of the game, or C) got tired of the silly posts, idiotic posts, or just troll the board.

Reply by Kathryn on 10/18/13 8:16am
Msg #488574

I may not have as much as business as usual but at least I am in my home state of Florida. I have a years pass to Disney World and Sea World (so.... inexpensive if you live here !) and my cousin lives at Ormond Beach so I get to go there. I am not far away from any of these places so I can take an afternoon and go and experience the MAGIC of Disney and the WONDER of Sea World ! It makes me happy at least !
And I have an awesome church to attend on Sundays and Wednesdays !!!!

Reply by 101livescan on 10/18/13 8:27am
Msg #488575

HEIGHTENED AWARENESS NOW!

As long as we have thieves in our midst, we need to continue to raise awareness among this community of who to work for and who to avoid. I will be very happy when we don't have to be on our tippy toes making sure we don't work for companies who are hoarding fees and not paying notaries. Frankly, I don't see this environment changing very much in the near term, as it seems that notaries are easy pickings for a lot of these companies, the money is too good and comes in like clockwork. It's difficult for Florida to collect from CA, or CA to collect from Maryland.

In the old days, we didn't have to be on the lookout as much, although remember how long SOX stayed in business because they kept finding new notaries to shaft, over and over again, then Final Link, ANS, and the list goes on.

I wish we didn't have to discuss "BAD & UGLY" companies but there are soooooo many of them these days.

With so much information out there just ready to be discovered, we can protect ourselves and fellow notaries from being taken advantage of. Frankly, I am not sure why notaries allow these companies to get into this for so much. If I am not paid for two jobs and another one is offered, I ask them to pay me first before I'll accept any additional work/liability.

Otherwise, we're setting ourselves up to be taken advantage of.

Have an awesome day, everyone.

Reply by jba/fl on 10/18/13 9:25am
Msg #488584

All caps & same old subject - just what was mentioned.

Preachy, preachy too....same subjects regurgitated.

I'm pondering why I am even checking the site out daily. Thinking this morning of going to a weekly or even monthly check, or just when I need to research a company. I will still maintain a premier membership though as I was talking with 2 different new clients yesterday who told me they used to go to the other site but now use this one exclusively. I also extolled the virtues of here over any other....I do believe this one is the best all around: listing, forums and learning capabilities/opportunities.

It is all so politically correct here that there is no more fun here either. If you look back, you can see poking of fun at others, with others and the sharp barb now and then really was applauded and appreciated. Edgy one might say.

Thin skins making nice....imaginations gone with the wind. Nice, nice; patty cake, patty cake....

Reply by Ireneky on 10/18/13 9:02am
Msg #488577

Thanks, still LAUGHING !!!! n/m

Reply by Lee/AR on 10/18/13 9:18am
Msg #488578

It still is a most useful--and nearly only--place to read

Rotten companies and the latest trends are important.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.