Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Tired of Lowballers! Need Govt shutdown to end now!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2013 Index

Posted by DMOH on 10/7/13 1:13pm
Msg #487244

I'm really frustrated because as slow as it is right now, it seems like the few calls coming in are from these stinking, low-baller SS's!! Why are these guys getting the orders?? And if no loans are being approved right now, why does it seem it's only these sleazeballs that have the work?? It's time for Congress to put a darn budget together and end this shutdown...I want my good paying TC clients back in droves like before! (I can have hope, right?) Thank you for feeling my pain...rant over. Anyone else feeling the pain?

Reply by notary4az2 on 10/7/13 1:19pm
Msg #487249

I have had lots of biz and I do not believe that the govt shutdown has anything to do with what is going on. Dodd Frank Act does.

Reply by DMOH on 10/7/13 1:34pm
Msg #487255

From what I understand, approval and underwriting requirements include the processing of 4506 & 4506T's and because of the shutdown those are not being processed currently? Is anyone familiar? I realize this probably wouldn't apply to anything processed before the shutdown which might explain why there is still work out there, but it seems to me when you factor in the IRS part of the equation, why wouldn't loans be affected? I'm not as familiar with the loan processing side as I am the title side which is why I'm looking for input...I personally have been very very slow the last few weeks which is highly unusual for me, I think the last time I remember being this slow was summer of 2008!

Reply by JanetK_CA on 10/7/13 1:35pm
Msg #487256

Please take over to JP. Some of this is inappropriate here. n/m

Reply by DMOH on 10/7/13 2:04pm
Msg #487270

Re: Please take over to JP. Some of this is inappropriate here.

What or who is JP? What is it you think is inappropriate? I'm just asking questions about things I've read (but don't know enough about) but thought others might have more knowledge about and could share. I was sharing a frustration with those who I feel would understand because those who aren't in this line of work don't. Isn't this what the forum is about? I look on this forum and occasionally ask a question so that I can learn and find out what else is going on in other areas of the country. I'm almost hesitant to ask questions though, because there seems to always be someone that just doesn't have anything nice to say and makes you feel sorry you even asked!

Reply by Brenda/FL on 10/7/13 2:28pm
Msg #487277

Re: Please take over to JP. Some of this is inappropriate here.

JP = Just Politics

Reply by HisHughness on 10/7/13 3:01pm
Msg #487283

I disagree, Janet

In reading the posts, I did not detect a hint of partisanship or blaming. He did not suggest what should be done to reopen government. He says the government is shut down, it's hurting his business, and he wants the government open again. I think all of us, whatever our political persuasion, can share those sentiments.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 10/7/13 3:17pm
Msg #487284

Re: I disagree, Janet

It wasn't the original post, it was the reply. I guess mention of Dodd Frank gave me visions of this heading off in the wrong direction - or maybe it was just the replies going through my head... Wink Sorry if I was too hasty.

Reply by Louisiana33 on 10/7/13 2:12pm
Msg #487275

I am afraid the lowballers are here to stay. Shutdown or no shutdown. I have gotten calls to go halfway around the world for $60-$80.

I feel your pain.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.