Notary Rotary
Virginia
Notary Discussion History

Virginia
Go Back to October, 2013 Index

Posted by Michelle Gittens on 10/6/13 5:51pm
Msg #487168

Virginia

I noticed that there are very few Virginia companies and most of them under "Signing central" are unavailable.
Is there a reason Virginia looks under represented? Should I contact companies far away?

Reply by MW/VA on 10/6/13 6:28pm
Msg #487169

I'm in Va Beach & there are a lot of title companies here. They close their own loans. Most business today is national--lenders all over the country & tc's all over the country. Almost all of my work comes from out of state.
It's not necessarily easy to know from SC which cos. do business in VA. It's probably best to market to all the good cos. (4 or 5 stars). SC also lists mainly signing services. While I used to do a lot of work for signing services, now most of my work comes directly from tc's.
Good luck.

Reply by anotaryinva on 10/6/13 6:29pm
Msg #487170

Yes n/m

Reply by ToniK on 10/7/13 11:27am
Msg #487228

From my experience is that majority Va Title companies prefer/require a TPL.

Reply by MW/VA on 10/8/13 10:17am
Msg #487369

Not going to argue this point with you, Toni, but that's

not my experience. I had one tc asking for it a couple of weeks ago, I explained my position, and I'm getting calls again. I will just make sure we use 2 envelopes if funds are due.
Also, from my experience, the majority of NSA's do not have a TPL. Only those already working for a tc would have one.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.