We have a order in your area....
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2013 Index

Posted by sheltn on 10/17/13 11:01am
Msg #488433

In the past two weeks a Signing Co. has sent me 8 emails for
orders less than 8 or 9 miles from me. They offer $70.00.
This co. has a terrible ratings and comments. How do they keep getting orders
from tcs and lenders? As hard as it is to wait for payments I can't see taking
the risk but who is taking these orders?

Reply by Priscilla Witman on 10/17/13 11:06am
Msg #488434

I guess they are getting the orders because they're cheap.

Who's actually completing signings for those fees?

Probably people who use the equipment and supplies of their daytime employers, or people who just don't understand that "volume" for the NSA at cut-rate prices only equals going broke faster.

Reply by ME/NJ on 10/17/13 12:00pm
Msg #488442

Re: I guess they are getting the orders because they're cheap.

Now that things are slow, again desperate people will do it and wait. More of us out there then ever so companies can fill the orders nationwide and can take as long as they want to pay. Why because someone will say thank you may I have another.

Reply by HSH/WA on 10/17/13 12:08pm
Msg #488446

Re: I'm not sure there are "more of us than ever,"

NSAs are probably dropping like flies due to no business. So are SSs who probably have to bid low to get the business and want pass the pain along to us. I didn't accept the lower fees as they were dropping so now I'm not getting any calls. But, I still will not accept some of the low offers even if they were to call.

Reply by ME/NJ on 10/17/13 12:15pm
Msg #488449

No business and maybe only PT jobs available

But hey we are on the road to recovery since 2009 per the Government. I had a interview scheduled yesterday at 2pm I was called at 11am that day not to come in because they could not handle the amount of people who applied for the position.

I have a friend in HR who tells me he gets 500+ resumes for every job opening at his company. NJ has 200K+ notaries someone always wants to make a buck no matter if they truely are not.

Reply by Stephanie Santiago on 10/17/13 12:16pm
Msg #488450

Agree Howard, NSA have to be dropping like flies.... n/m

Reply by Notarysigner on 10/17/13 12:41pm
Msg #488455

Re: I'm not sure there are "more of us than ever,"

stick to your guns!

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 10/17/13 5:19pm
Msg #488501

Email from high-rated (stars) SS at 10:30 pm wanting my fee, availability for Sat signing; I reply 5:45 AM ("next day").
2:45 PM I get an email: Thanks for replying, just checked & unfortunately the closing has been assigned already . . .

So I guess it took them <all> morning and into afternoon to locate a cheaper nsa!

(walking a tight "rope" takes lots of coordination, focus, etc. . . . he he)

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.