Notary Rotary
While there are still 100,000 fewer notaries in CA today
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2013 Index

Posted by 101livescan on 10/20/13 8:12am
Msg #488801

than in 2007, we have three new signing services in CA, all in San Diego. Makes you wonder where all the work is going to be coming from. Or is it just that brand new loan San Diego signing school, Escrowsfirstchoice.com that hopes to mill out all the new notary signing agents to get to 260K by year end. Conveniently owned by Mike Shields, and Mark Wills who was formerly of HVR Notaries, have also opened a new signing service, Signhere Ink. Then there is TheInk Signing Service, owned by Kendall Janes Bellini (a basic NR member also, all friends and associates No details are yet known about these signing service, except that JJ Spivak will be the operations guy for Signhereink. Hopefully someone can get them into SC soon so we'll know who we might end up working with, location, how they pay, etc. Hopefully better than ANS, HVR and Siigningscream. There is one other, I will tell you about in the coming days.

Hope springs eternal, while companies are going out of business, left and right, due to NOT BEING PAID BY THEIR VENDORS, or willy-nilly spending, more are appearing on the horizon all the time.

Guess it's just too good an opportunity to pass up, cuz a lot of notaries don't notice they are not being paid until it's too late to collect.

Seems like these days, no one is asking ANY questions. Any signing service can be listed on notary rotary, but it doesn't mean they have been checked out..............Maybe the newbies don't realize that...be sure to do your homework and ask a lot of questions.

Reply by Notarysigner on 10/20/13 8:50am
Msg #488802

pretty soon notaries will be standing in front of Lowe's and

Home Depot with nothing but the (somebody') notary stamp.

Reply by sueharke on 10/20/13 11:29am
Msg #488829

Re: pretty soon notaries will be standing in front of Lowe's and

Does anyone know where this companies office is located? If yes, find out the laws to boycott in front of a company legally. This means no yelling, just signs on public property, and oh yes, bring children to carry signs too. This is what Clark Howard says to do with car dealers who sell lemon cars (do it on Saturday). So, why not do it as a group of notaries who are not being paid.

Maybe find out where the company owner lives and protest in front of his house?????

Reply by Notarysigner on 10/20/13 11:46am
Msg #488834

You're correct Sue I forgot about that. I suggested that for

Paul G a while back and he called me asked that I not picket in front of his house.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 10/20/13 9:13am
Msg #488806

Wow..think you just gave me even more reason to stick

to my new fee structure and policy

A new-to-me SS with no work history with me must meet my fee and pay in advance - no exceptions. Just like the plumber, electrician, contractor who comes to your home for the first time to do a job you need to have done - they're clear on their service and labor charges and get paid, so goes this notary -

I just don't feel like playing the work then wait and see game any more.

Reply by ikando on 10/20/13 9:30am
Msg #488809

Re: Wow..think you just gave me even more reason to stick

Because the fees offered by SS are less than when I started as an NSA in 2004, I am accepting fewer offers to provide my services for them. Rather I'm promoting more locally, and making more with fewer requirements.

Reply by 101livescan on 10/20/13 9:36am
Msg #488810

That's what I do also. Only working for the best, not the rest. I think we've seen enough of how these new biz modeled signing services work, keep the bulk of the fee for themselves, pay the notaries late, lower, if at all.

I attended a yard sale last year, the lady who was giving it said she passed her notary exam on the promise of making six digits a year, but most of the companies who called her for work paid late, too little and some not at all. She finally hung it up and went back to cleaning houses for a living making $30 a hour.

Reply by ananotary on 10/20/13 1:58pm
Msg #488852

Exactly. Work smarter, not harder is my business model n/m

Reply by Notarysigner on 10/20/13 10:51am
Msg #488825

Two signing, last six weeks, that's me message regarding acceptable fees.

When a car title loan, six pages (nothing to print), one notarization pays $60 to $75 in one week and pays one week later........I just rather not do loan signings, doesn't make sense. I've average over twenty a month for the last three months and happy as I can be.

Stick to your required fees I say!

Reply by ananotary on 10/20/13 1:59pm
Msg #488853

Are these car title loans through BSL?

Reply by Notarysigner on 10/20/13 2:01pm
Msg #488854

No

Reply by Robert522TX on 10/20/13 2:55pm
Msg #488862

What is BSL? n/m

Reply by sueharke on 10/20/13 11:31am
Msg #488831

Good idea. But watch out for PayPal as a protest might freeze your account. I'd find out what the policies are of Square and Intuit before choosing a company to accept advance payments from.

Reply by SDSigner on 10/23/13 12:23am
Msg #489272

Again, I don't know who CHERYL ELLIOTT is and why is blasting my wife's website. She, we have nothing to do with HVR, or any signing companies. I was told that I was being slandered on this website so I just joined to find out. The more I go back in this history CHERYL ELLIOTT clearly has us confused with someone else but that's not stopping her from blasting the WRONG people. Do your research before posting. Come on. If anyone wants to call me, including Mrs. Elliott, my cell phone number is (760) 579-3735. I work for Bank of Manhattan and I'm also a notary. I don't know Hector, or whatever this woman is talking about.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.