Notary Rotary
XYZ Background Checks
Notary Discussion History

XYZ Background Checks
Go Back to October, 2013 Index

Posted by CarolF/NC on 10/15/13 11:31am
Msg #488189

XYZ Background Checks

And yet another email that only an NNA BGC is accepted. And just because, I went to the website. I don't see any option to
purchase just a background check. It comes only with the certification. Is that correct? Is that why companies are asking for an NNA BGC? So you are certified also?

Reply by Notarysigner on 10/15/13 11:36am
Msg #488191

Re: XYZ Background Checks...I BET

the numbers site owner is pulling his ponytail out (if he had one) if he is still calling people to take his certification test. ROFLMA

Reply by Lee/AR on 10/15/13 11:41am
Msg #488194

You must pay to be a member, and pay for the certification to be able to get/pay for the background check from 'that organization'.
And, no, that's not why companies want it. 'That organization' excels only in MARKETING.
OK, they have done a few good things throughout the years, but, imho, the good is far outweighed by the not-so-good.

Reply by jba/fl on 10/15/13 12:29pm
Msg #488201

So, time for a letter of explanation:

Dear horrid company:

I am not getting a background check from XYZ because of the cost. I have to join them, pay for certification, in order to get a background check from them. If I were to go to any other vendor, I would only have to pay for the background check.

Can you see the potential for a happier notary here? A happy notary is an error free notary; that is what you desire, isn't it? Let's work for a better solution here. Please advise when you have a new vendor in mind, and in the meantime, happy hunting for an error-free signing agent.

Yours in happiness and well-being,

(your name)

If all these companies were to receive this letter from every notary they contact, I think there would be a reconsideration taking place. But, I do think that each and every notary should adopt the same letter. That way, just as we receive these form letters, they would as well. The impact would be greater as well.

Reply by jba/fl on 10/15/13 12:32pm
Msg #488202

And (since we always think of something else)

this is the perfect time to tie into the NotRot Background check available here. Somehow reference Harry's work at perfecting the BKG to suit the needs of the companies we work with.

Reply by Linda Juenger on 10/15/13 12:43pm
Msg #488205

Will be doing just that Julie. Thx n/m

Reply by CarolF/NC on 10/15/13 5:55pm
Msg #488242

So is there a rewrite? I'll send it out

I'm tired of this BS. I'm not paying 99 a year for a BGC.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.