Notary Rotary
starting over
Notary Discussion History

starting over
Go Back to October, 2013 Index

Posted by pat/WA on 10/18/13 11:55am
Msg #488625

starting over

I have been in the hospital and I am hoping I will be back doing signings in a couple of weeks. The time I was in the hospital all my calls went to voice mail. So maybe I have been dropped and will need to start over again.

Reply by jba/fl on 10/18/13 12:05pm
Msg #488626

You don't give yourself enough credit.

Reply by Luckydog on 10/18/13 1:00pm
Msg #488633

All's you need to do is contact all your old SS's and explain you were in the hospital and out of commission for xxx days. They will use you again provided they used you before with good results. If they do start calling you, you MUST make sure to answer and accept signings. If not, they may just write you off for good. It's not the end of the road, just back to a slow start, like the rest of us not even taking time off. Good luck.

Reply by Linda Juenger on 10/18/13 2:28pm
Msg #488648

Hope this finds you feeling much better. I don't think you probably missed too many. Its been pretty dead the entire country. I wouldn't worry too much.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 10/18/13 3:09pm
Msg #488652

Re: starting over - not necessarily

I think you picked a great time to be in the hospital. Things have been slow and are just picking up a bit lately. Hopefully with the government back to work, that will help. I agree with the others that just a friendly call to reconnect, let them know you're still in business.

However, I don't think you need to mention any details, like the fact you were in the hospital. (That's really none of their business.) That's a very personal decision, though, and should probably depend on the kind of relationship you've had with them. You could maybe say something like you were "out of commission" for a while, but you're not back to giving your business your full time focus. Whatever feels right for you.

You may lose a few here or there, but if not for that, it'll be something else. Let's face it, some companies are going out of business, some are deciding to cut fees to the bone, etc. So you lose one, you find another. That's the way it's always been in this business. You'll probably find that you pretty much pick up where you left off.

Be well!

Reply by Christine/OK on 10/19/13 3:58am
Msg #488726

Yes! n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.