Notary Rotary
Accurate National Signings.....Very Important Information
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2013 Index

Posted by PegiT_MN on 9/11/13 1:00pm
Msg #484183

I have contacted the District Attorney's office in Riverside, California and am filing a complaint so that they can bring fraud and theft by swindle charges against Amanda Marie Kirkish of Accurate National Signings for hiring notaries to perform mortgage loan closings with the intent of not paying them. The fact that this includes transactions out of the state of California could turn this into a federal case.

With her lengthy criminal history, this turns into much more than business has slowed down and I can't afford to pay the notaries. I can prove that she has a criminal history and has been convicted of forgery and grand theft.

If Accurate National Signings owes you money, please take the time to fill out the complaint form for the District Attorney's office and get it sent into them. The more people that come forward, the better our chances are of getting this woman put away behind bars.....which is where she belongs.

http://rivcoda.org/opencms/resources/consumerinfo.html

http://rivcoda.org/opencms/system/galleries/download/daVictimWitnessServices/SPS_ComplaintForm.pdf

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 9/11/13 1:07pm
Msg #484185

I'm not defending her in any way, but it is important to point out that her conviction was expunged several months ago, so legally, she is no longer convicted. That doesn't mean the court record goes away or that it doesn't show on a background check... but legally, it's no longer there. Also, at the time she started the signing service she was still serving probation.

Her husband recently obtained a CA notary commission, too. It's been posted here before.

Reply by MW/VA on 9/11/13 1:13pm
Msg #484186

Kudos to you for going after the deadbeats! n/m

Reply by Linda Juenger on 9/11/13 2:04pm
Msg #484199

Curious PegiT What did you decide to do with a signing that

didn't know if you should go or not. I think it was because the spouse was deceased and name on docs, if I remember right. Just curious on what happened with this one. Did you go or not and what was the outcome?

Reply by CarolF/NC on 9/11/13 2:26pm
Msg #484213

GOOD GOING! n/m

Reply by Baragona/MO on 9/11/13 2:59pm
Msg #484229

Thanks! I am owed for three closings I did for them in May and June. In the past, despite the rumblings and complaints on this board about Amanda and ANS, I gave them a chance because they paid me on a regular basis. Thankfully, I only got the shaft for 3 closings (though I could definitely use that $300!) However, I am aware of a number of other notaries that are owed thousands of dollars by ANS. I think they will be very appreciative that you've filed this complaint so they can add their names to it.

On another note, what really irks me about this situation is how people from that company came onto this board and defended ANS tooth and nail from the criticism it was getting from notaries. Now, just a few short months later, they are nowhere to be found, having gone into the night with a string of unpaid notaries left behind. I can't believe the chutzpah it takes to come on this board and fight and argue with notaries because they felt we were speaking ill of your company, only to do exactly the thing we were all saying they would do!

Once again, thanks!

Reply by docgirl on 9/12/13 3:41pm
Msg #484396

I am one of those former employees that defended my former employer. I called and spoke with my former boss and come to find out that they were stiffed for several hundreds of thousands of dollars and that is why they went BANKRUPT and closed their doors. Businesses end up going bankrupt all the time, I was told that the old owner also contacted Riverside DA and nothing can happen nor is anything in the system due to the fact that businesses fail all the time for one reason or another. Business Bankruptcy is a part of this business, unfortunately.

It is sad that this went down but information is crucial and all the pieces of the puzzle should be put together before things are posted like this.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 9/12/13 3:52pm
Msg #484398

Hope your information is correct...we have several

members here with PACER accounts who, I'm sure, will be verifiying the filing as soon as they see this post.

And what's really sad is the number of notaries who were taken by this company (thankfully not me) and are out a good deal of money because of poor business management...or greed.

Reply by docgirl on 9/12/13 4:35pm
Msg #484401

Re: Hope your information is correct...we have several

I see from reading this forum how you can think this was a bad company. I know for a fact that over several months the owner of this company took money out of their own pockets to pay notaries, I wonder if that dried up and they had no choice but to close shop? If they are filing bankruptcy then that might be just what it was, I will have to find out. So from my knowledge of this that sounds like someone that was trying to pay all the debts.

This forum has not done them any justice and it is sad that many of the notaries on here have drug the name of this female through the mud with out knowing any facts, necessarily what you read is not all the details. The conversation I had with her is there were threatening messages that were being sent to the work phone (this sound to me like harassment) and from my understanding are in analysis right now for whom those persons are that threatened this female, also there are text messages and so on and so forth.

Bankruptcy happens and takes a lot of work for a company, (thank you to my friend Google for enlightening me on this process.) I just want to be the voice of reason and give some of the details of what I know.

Reply by HisHughness on 9/12/13 5:05pm
Msg #484403

Let's deal with the <facts>

Businesses do, indeed, go bankrupt all the time. IT IS NO CRIME TO BE UNABLE TO PAY YOUR BILLS BECAUSE OF UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES.

However, it IS a crime to accept services or goods from another party with no intent to pay. That is essentially the same thing as theft. It is fraud.

Though I have never closed for ANS, I gather from the postings on this board that it would be reasonable to ask, in light of the principal's history, if in the final stages of her latest incarnation as a signing service she really intended to pay the notaries she hired. If not, and she was just taking <their> money to stay afloat, she has committed a crime, and should be charged.

I would be hard pressed to believe that any signing service in such circumstances did not knowingly convert a notary's fees to their own use. There is a direct, one-to-one correlation between what a title company or lender pays a signing service, and what the signing service owes the notary. TC hires SS, SS hires NSA. TC pays SS, SS should pay NSA.

There is, of course, always the possibility that the TC has bankrupted, leaving the SS holding an empty bag of nothing but debts. That is almost always the excuse given by signing services when they stop paying notaries. I suspect the truth is that the majority of the time, it is just that -- an excuse -- and not the reason.

Reply by docgirl on 9/12/13 5:51pm
Msg #484413

Re: Let's deal with the <facts>

From the knowledge that I have is that this company attempted to pay everyone and had intentions on doing so. I know that this company worked as a sub contractor for the title companys and was being paid 90 days out. There are hundreds of thousands this company is out, so it is not just the notary it is the SS that is out of their hard earned $$$$ as well.

This is all second hand knowledge, I asked the questions and I am trying to get the answers.

Reply by jba/fl on 9/12/13 5:59pm
Msg #484414

How noble of you. n/m

Reply by PegiT_MN on 9/13/13 12:48am
Msg #484463

Re: Hope your information is correct...we have several

Hi Amanda......you owe me $85.00 for a closing that I performed for your company on July 3, 2013, and I do expect to be paid. It sickens me that you come on here pretending to be someone else and defending your actions. You did not get stiffed out of hundreds of thousands of dollars from the title companies. I have been in this business long enough to know that these title companies are bound by RESPA law and you got paid when the loan funded. You think you can hide behind bankruptcy, but I am here to tell you that you cannot. It is a fact that you have a lengthy criminal history and just because you went to court to have it expunged, does not mean that the Riverside District Attorney's office won't be interested in the fact that you were still on probation when you opened up your company and started defrauding notaries across the country out of their money. The fact that you have hired notaries across the country to perform mortgage closings for you and had no intentions of paying them turns this into a federal case. I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but the FBI has a division that investigates situations just like this and if you think for one minute bankruptcy is going to save you, you are sadly mistaken. I expect to have my money in my hands by Wednesday, September 25, 2013, or I will be contacting the Riverside District Attorney's office.......you know who they are as you have a very lengthy history of grand theft. I will also be contacting my local FBI office here in Minnesota that investigates mortgage fraud.

Reply by Stoli on 9/13/13 4:07pm
Msg #484571

Who are you: Sybil? Why not start talking in first person

Who are you, Sybil? Why don’t you start talking in the first person---You’re Amanda.

You are so full of it---the title company is required to pay at the close of escrow and is regulated by The Department of Insurance---get it? Title companies are insured. And you got paid, and paid, and paid. The notaries did not.

Just get real with yourself and admit that you’re a thief. You’re having an out of body experience because a self-respecting soul couldn’t live in your skin either. You’re just begging us to not throw you into the briar patch, right? Drugs, alcohol, vacations and attorneys are pretty expensive, aren’t they?

Reply by 101livescan on 9/13/13 12:07am
Msg #484459

You're full of shit!

Reply by PegiT_MN on 9/13/13 12:26am
Msg #484461

They didn't get stiffed several hundreds of thousands of dollars......that is a big fat lie. This is the mortgage business and the title companies that hired them are bound by RESPA law. Amanda is sadly mistaken if she thinks she can hide behind bankruptcy. She may have contacted the Riverside DA but even they won't be able to save her when the FBI steps in and starts investigating her for violating RESPA.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.