Notary Rotary
American Title , Omaha Nebraska
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2013 Index

Posted by Negrete on 9/24/13 4:53am
Msg #485684

Does anyone know anything about these folks?

Anthony j Negrete

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 9/24/13 5:57am
Msg #485686

I work for them periodically (not this year tho) they pay in 2 weeks. Never had a problem getting paid and have worked for them since 2010. Maybe someone else has more recent experience.

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 9/24/13 9:50am
Msg #485715

They've always paid my fee XXX.xx never any hassle

Reply by ME/NJ on 9/24/13 7:14am
Msg #485688

Yes, BOA is biggest client

Fax backs with every deal, lots of branch signings. They do want fax backs after signing so if you have other appointments you need to ask if ok for delay. Payment for us is two weeks via direct deposit, bulk orders I do not know.

Docs in most cases are timely, I have two tomorrow and alerted them when I would need documents by on Monday.

Reply by loancloser46 on 9/24/13 8:00am
Msg #485690

Always lowball me ,offers of $90 edocs/faxbacks no thnx N/M n/m

Reply by 101livescan on 9/24/13 8:38am
Msg #485696

Lots of paper, lots of faxbacks, low fee.

Reply by janCA on 9/24/13 9:16am
Msg #485703

The signing services I work for pay MUCH more than this title company. It's shameful!

Reply by Lee/AR on 9/24/13 9:16am
Msg #485704

Ditto 101livescan...waaay too cheap even without the faxing n/m

Reply by C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 9/24/13 9:34am
Msg #485710

can't understand WHY certain TC's low ball its nsa's?

They rack in the doe with their title and closing fees, but shelling out a decent buck for our work, is somehow taboo?

WTF is going on??

Reply by Teresa/FL on 9/24/13 9:46am
Msg #485714

They were one of the TCs at the NNA Conference in Austin

Paying lip service to how valuable a part of the process we are, but offering the lowest fees.

Reply by 101livescan on 9/24/13 10:12am
Msg #485718

Re: They were one of the TCs at the NNA Conference in Austin

I wonder if the NNA is planning to reduce it's annual membership fee, supplies costs, notary class and exam enrollment fee? Well, of course not, especially since the numbers of notaries at least in CA is 100,000 fewer than in 2007.

But everyone wants the NSA, those of us responsible for 100% accuracy, delivery, professionalism, etc. to be the grand finale of these packages getting back in line for funding. More and more, we're fulfilling prior to funding conditions, any one noticed?

Reply by JanetK_CA on 9/24/13 4:33pm
Msg #485819

Re: They were one of the TCs at the NNA Conference in Austin

Yes, I have noticed. The amount of things we've become accountable for (even catching the mistakes of the lender and title co) have gradually increased over time, while there seems to have been steady downward pressure on our fees - even as our expenses steadily increase. And the accountability more and more frequently is coming in the form of threats to even further chip away at fees.

I can't help but believe that a certain amount of this is a direct result of the mass marketing for people to get into this field that has taken place by certain organizations. There have been untold number of anecdotes posted on here about incompetent and unprofessional people who are getting signing assignments.

Reply by HisHughness on 9/24/13 11:05am
Msg #485728

Pay my standard fee, including surcharge for faxbacks, without flinching. Dox sent days in advance. Pay within two weeks.

Three HELOCS this week.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 9/24/13 11:16am
Msg #485732

I'm really curious why everyone is responding to this

post like they're rating the title company - the OP is an SS who, no doubt, is asking to see if he wants to market to them (enter the middleman), and posting here to get feedback on how many notaries would be on board.

JMO

Reply by Calnotary on 9/24/13 11:57am
Msg #485753

Re: I'm really curious why everyone is responding to this

Every time they call me is for a 90.00 with fax backs. I don't think they will hire a SS to offer 150.00 and then Tony is going to offer 100.00 with faxbacks? I don't get it.

Reply by jba/fl on 9/24/13 12:02pm
Msg #485756

Re: I'm really curious why everyone is responding to this

Exactly!

Are you all on board for the new fee structure - this company only for, what, $80, $75? Get real people - notice details. Take clues to heart.

Reply by ritenotary on 9/24/13 1:21pm
Msg #485780

Yes they pay within 30 days. Kinda on the low side though. Packages not too big. Straight forward never any fax backs.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 10/1/13 11:13am
Msg #486609

Re: American Title , called me yesterday

Signing 4pm Friday (rush hour) - refi - e-docs - faxbacks required -

80-mile round trip - offer and no counteroffer? - pays $75 - pitiful

Now Tony - if you can improve on this that's great - but if they're going to pay only $75 for edocs with faxbacks when they contact the notary directly, sounds to me like you'll be out of pocket on their deals. SOMEONE at American Title is making a pretty penny - and it's not the notaries who get the job done.

Shame on the notary that jumped on this...unless it was right next door, borrowers printed, took package to fax back and ship.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.