Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Anyone else instructed not to leave a copy?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2013 Index

Posted by Teresa Kile on 9/10/13 1:32pm
Msg #483985

This is the first time I have ever received instructions where it says specifically that I am not to leave a copy of the documents with the borrower. It says if they want a copy, they need to contact the lender. Is this OK?

Reply by Pam/NM on 9/10/13 1:34pm
Msg #483989

Only in the distant past for application signings.... n/m

Reply by MW/VA on 9/10/13 1:39pm
Msg #483992

This was discussed a couple of weeks ago. It had something

to do with the type of transaction. Generally speaking, for standard refi's & purchases, I would always leave a copy. If they're providing an electronic copy, I'd still make sure they had paper copies of the RTC, if that applies.
Again, always follow instructions.

Reply by Pam/NM on 9/10/13 2:00pm
Msg #483997

On second thought...

I do not have to make a b/o copy when I do a Quicken loan.

Reply by Darlin_AL on 9/10/13 2:03pm
Msg #484001

I was told the hiring party would send copy of signed docs n/m

Reply by JanetK_CA on 9/10/13 2:17pm
Msg #484002

Re: I was told the hiring party would send copy of signed docs

Same here. I was told that a 2nd attachment was just BO copy, including only the Note, HUD, TIL and RTC pages, the docs the borrowers are required to receive when they sign, and to not make a copy of the whole package. They said that they will be sending the borrowers a bound copy of all the fully executed docs at disbursement.

Reply by MW/VA on 9/10/13 2:21pm
Msg #484003

That's great. The problem with that, as I see it, is that

the borrower's don't have anything to review during the 3 day RTC.
That's just my thoughts. I would be so happy to only have to print one set of docs! ;-)

Reply by Ali/IL on 9/10/13 2:25pm
Msg #484005

Re: That's great. The problem with that, as I see it, is that

Quicken doesn't require you to leave copies. They send the borrowers a very nice bound pack of docs . But, in my case the borrowers had to leave right before I got to their house. It was rescheduled for next day closing funds were a little higher they had not been told.

Reply by MW/VA on 9/10/13 2:28pm
Msg #484007

What do you do about the RTC's.? When they sign those

they are saying they've been provided with copies.

Reply by Darlin_AL on 9/10/13 2:31pm
Msg #484010

Re: What do you do about the RTC's.? When they sign those

you would be expected to be sure there are enough copies in the package & make extras if necessary.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 9/10/13 2:32pm
Msg #484011

Re: What do you do about the RTC's.? When they sign those

I think that should be an exception. I would try to make sure there are sufficient numbers of RTC copies anyway, since that IS generally considered part of our responsibility. Often they will be included in the main package in sufficient numbers.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 9/10/13 2:30pm
Msg #484009

I agree with Marilyn - in general. With Quicken loans, I've been to signings where they had a copy from Quicken before I even got there. For packages coming later, I was concerned, too, but the borrowers didn't seem to be. On reflection, though, I'm not 100% sure they were going to be sent @ disbursement. I suppose it's possible that they would overnight a set to the borrowers the next day. However you look at it, though, that eats up at least two rescission days - if they docs go out the same day.

None-the-less, that's not something that's my responsibility to deal with - and we're not privy to what discussion or agreements have been made prior. It's also possible that the borrowers have already been sent (or will be) an electronic copy for review.

Reply by Darlin_AL on 9/10/13 2:29pm
Msg #484008

...this was regarding a contract. But, for a refi if I was told not to make a copy--follow orders! How they communicate with the borrowers is not my concern. Remember, it's not the notary's job to get copies to the borrowers, it is something we have been requested or agree to do as part of our complete service package!. 8o(

Reply by JPH13/MO on 9/10/13 2:51pm
Msg #484013

Quicken - they can download and print or get a copy...

I received an email (a year ago or more) stating that copies were no longer to be provided to the borrower. The borrower is supposed to request a copy if they want one, and then they are sent a nicely bound copy of the unsigned docs. If they don't request it, Quicken assumes they will print out any or all of the docs they want to have a printed copy of on their own dime and with their own printer. They have access to all the docs on the Quicken website at the same time that we receive the link to them.

Reply by pat/WA on 9/10/13 2:52pm
Msg #484014

This sounds like Citi Bank. The second half of their documents are borrower's copies. So you print one copy of the documents and give the documents that are notated Borrower's copies to the borrower.
Is this the lender?

Reply by jojo_MN on 9/10/13 2:53pm
Msg #484015

Quicken loan packages are posted online for borrowers before

closing and I believe they send a copy of signed documents after Resc period is over. One couple was concerned that they couldn't see documents so I asked them to bring their account up online. They had a problem figuring out how to bring them up, but I was able to help them. The documents were there.

I do always print out copies of the RTC to give them even though I don't print the rest of their copy of the documents.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.