Notary Rotary
Back at work
Notary Discussion History

Back at work
Go Back to September, 2013 Index

Posted by Buddy Young on 9/25/13 1:39pm
Msg #485945

Back at work

I did my first signing yesterday since my surgery. It was exactly one month since my last, even though I don't need the money it felt good to get back to work.

On a side note: I recived 4 emails for the same job yesterday, the first three offered $75 for a refi 4 miles from me. I just deleted the three emails. Then I got a forth email for the same job that offered $100. I said I was available and was assigned the job. I guess they couldn't get anyone to do it for $75. Sometimes it pays to stick to your guns.

I looked them up in signing central ( signing trac ) 2 1/2 stars. I read the comments and all the negative ones were for low pay offers and all the positive ones were " they pay twice a month and are easy to work with". After reading the comments, I took the job. It's just as important to weigh the comments as it is to look at the star rating.

I think it's unfair to rate a company just because they didn't offer your going price. I only rate compaies that I work for.

These companies try to get the job done as cheaply as possible and I don't blame them. They are in business to make money, But they are going to have to offer a decent price to get me to work for them. I'm glad they couldn't get anyone for $75

Buddy

Reply by 101livescan on 9/25/13 1:53pm
Msg #485955

Glad you're back at em...always PAY$ to stick to your guns! n/m

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 9/25/13 3:00pm
Msg #485963

since you were "testing the waters" after recovery, obviously SS was, too!

Likely, they'll keep on testing us to see where we stand on fees. I also agree that we need to be fair (works both ways) with the rating system - and I think some are forgetting the purpose of SC. The way to discourage (dare, I say "reform") low/late/non-payers is to simply say 'no' - not manipulate ratings. It just corrupts it all, creating a climate of distrust between <everybody> involved. To get the respect back, we have to resist some of these petty urges.

Btw, has Anyone ever used the option in SC to email commenter/rater about his/her experience and what steps were taken to remedy if applicable? Did the "conversation" or feedback alter your decision to work with said company in any way? Did all turn out for the best? I'm not referring here to companies with less than 3 stars (we generally KNOW how that reputation was earned).*

*hope it turns out differently in this case, Buddy (smooth healing)!
_______

In the Profile from (the infamous won't-mention-the-name SS): "There is an effort underway (by a handful of evil people) attacking our company trying to undermine our credibility in the rating section. SOME WERE NEVER EVEN OFFERED AN ASSIGNMENT FROM US-EVER! There is one particularly EVIL one (never signed for us) that reposts her same 1-star rating repeatedly to try and get it to the top of the ratings list. SHE HAS DONE THIS MORE THAN 30 TIMES SINCE OCTOBER. These people have never done a signing for us (and never will). They are knowingly and willfully abusing and subverting the objective of this rating section of Notary Rotary. The area is clearly intended for rating the of companies that signing agents have done signings for and not for the giving vent to the viscous and malicious agenda of rating us negatively (without a justifiable reason) when they never worked with us in any capacity."

Though I would never work with this company, I agree he has a point.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.