Notary Rotary
CBS News Just Reporting That Feds Will Keep Rates Low
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2013 Index

Posted by PegiT_MN on 9/18/13 5:36pm
Msg #485003

Ben Bernanke wants to keep interest rates low and the government needs to keep stimulus packages in effect because economy has not improved enough. He stated that "What we are going to do is the right thing for the economy."

Thank you Mr. Bernanke.

Reply by Karla/OR on 9/18/13 5:51pm
Msg #485007

Thanks for passing on the good news!! n/m

Reply by CJ on 9/18/13 8:14pm
Msg #485029

Thanks a bunch!

I've been thinking about selling stuff on ebay that I have laying around the house, like my firstborn child, or my homeless sister who moved into my art studio.

Reply by Karla/OR on 9/18/13 8:45pm
Msg #485036

LOL!!! n/m

Reply by MW/VA on 9/18/13 8:16pm
Msg #485030

Thanks for this great news! Don't want to get into

politics here, but everyone keeps saying the gov. isn't doing anything for the people. Yes, they are--without the economic stimulus programs we'll all be out on the streets by now! ;-)

Reply by CJ on 9/18/13 10:26pm
Msg #485051

And if we are all out in the streets . . .

. . . then who will drive by and give us a buck at the offramp?

Reply by Bear900/CA on 9/19/13 1:08pm
Msg #485145

Famous line from MoneyBall...

"Would you like to have a single bullet to the head or five in the chest?"
Reply: "Do I have another choice?"

"What we are going to do is the right thing for the economy." Well, at least that is supposed to be their job.

Realistically, they blew rates out of the water by pre-announcing a taper program. That wasn't good. Then when the econimic world was finally hunkered down and bracing for it he didn't pull the trigger. That was good either.

Good or bad he missed an opputunity to start down the path to true economic recovery by biting the bullit, pulling the trigger and tapering. We get to celebrate another day and in short term reality that's a good thing. Was a great day for mortgage rates yesterday so we may get some more signings.

I live in CA. We think it's crazy to live in hurricane and tornado states. What? A little earthquake now and again? We're amazed at how people freak out about that. It always sunny and bright here.

Now logically, each day we go without a small or medium earthquake, the more catastrophic the next big one will be. We will all be wishing we lived in NJ!

But that's tomorrow!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.