Called FASS out on their fake
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2013 Index

Posted by Exclusive Mobile Notary on 9/12/13 1:32am
Msg #484316

and got removed from their network. Woohoo Smile

They sent me a "Quality Issue" stating I didn't include the funds due with the return pack. Well that was a fraudulent lie on their part. The check was included.

So I decided to call the customer and tell them that the title company contacted me saying I didn't include the funds in the return pack and they are penalizing me for this. The customer (who remembered me well, because no one at Bank of America was competent enough to help them through their loan process and I was the only one who could answer questions on their docs, numbers, payment, etc) contacted the back who he obtained the cashiers check from and requested a trace on it. He showed it was cashed by LandSafe, obtained a copy of the cancelled check and provided it to me via fax.

I then emailed the "wonderful" folks at FASS and informed them to stop sending me these false "issues" and provided them with the steps that I took to prove they were incorrect. I then told them they needed to pay me a full trip charge since I had to do THEIR job. They initially declined, to which I replied "OK, I'll just contact the customer and have them pay my fee. (I wasn't going to do that because all I did was make a phone call to the customer) FASS then replied saying the "one-time fee has been approved by management"

So thankful I don't have to accept their $100 jobs anymore and deal with their off-shore call center reps with fake names such as "Apple" or "Jelly". Yes, those are the names they are letting their reps use. Now I can focus on my local First-Am offices Smile

My little b!tchfest session for the night is over and I shall now watch the finale of Master Chef on my DVR Smile

Reply by HSH/WA on 9/12/13 1:38am
Msg #484318

Re: I had a problem with them today

but we worked it out. My business has shrunk to 1/3 and fass still accounts for 1/2 of that. I'd be SOL with out them. Hope you do OK.

Reply by doglover/CA on 9/12/13 2:33am
Msg #484319

I take a picture of the check attached to the documents before packaging and dropping them off so that if I ever get accused of not sending in the funds when I did, I can email the picture to the title company.

Reply by Scriba/NM on 9/12/13 2:50am
Msg #484321

The people they hire are mostly idiots, half can't even speak English, and they constantly try to find fault with flawless signings, just like your check fiasco. Apple and Jelly, indeed!

FASS was at the last NNA Convention blowing and spewing to the gathering, about how the notary is "crucial" to the signing process, but I guess that supposition was based on the fact that the notary would be working for an organized company (that hired real people) and the notary would getting real pay.

In my humble opinion, they hire dimwits to work for low wages, pay their notaries lowball wages and continue to stuff money into the management's pockets, laughing merrily all the way to the bank. I cut those morons loose years ago when they started going down the dumper with their ridiculous lowball pay and hiring bumblers to work in their organization (if you can call it that). Don't miss them at all.

Reply by MW/VA on 9/12/13 9:25am
Msg #484343

I don't work for FASS, but I do like your assessment! ;-) n/m

Reply by Christine/OK on 9/12/13 3:44am
Msg #484322

'Like!' Many folks have had very similar experiences :( n/m

Reply by ME/NJ on 9/12/13 8:27am
Msg #484336

They call about 3-4 times a month, for the last couple months I say I am not available because I know its a BOA and tons of fax backs for $100. The do have a quick turn around on payment, but only if nothing else is scheduled will I consider it now.

Reply by Darlin_AL on 9/12/13 11:18am
Msg #484349

Does that mean you're off the Approved List now? n/m

Reply by Barb25 on 9/12/13 12:28pm
Msg #484361

Another notary under the bus!

Another notary under the bus. don't care about truth. And certainly will never value their "vendor notaries"... good, bad, all the same. Very pathetic. I guess with work being slow they can get away with all of this. I used to tell notaries when you work for them make sure you "cya" with a paper trail of notes and emails. But it seems that doesn't even matter any more. They just do what they do. Take it or leave it. You won the battle and lost the war so to speak. I think you are lucky in some respects. Obviously, business is slow. But hey there are companies that will treat you with respect. They don't know the meaning of the word. And the is sad because it was not always like that.

On a better note, Luca won MasterChef. I love it. I love him. He so evolved during the weeks ofthe show Go. Luca!

Reply by notary4az2 on 9/12/13 7:38pm
Msg #484424

Re: Another notary under the bus!

I do sign for them but only if they meet my fee which they rarely do these days. They started me at the "white glove" service a few years back and then they would ding me for the most idiotic things - calling in or reporting completion which I did but then I would hold on the phone for up to 15 mins to try to get this off my record. I had way too much to do to continually hold for that length of time so I raised my fees and they don't call as much. It is ridiculous but they do business this way.

Reply by Shekelia Stokes on 9/12/13 8:08pm
Msg #484432

Wow! In Michigan they try to pay $75.00. I stop doing closing for them. They want you to print two set of docs and only pay $75. I wish all of us in Michigan will stick together and not go for those low rates.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.