Notary Rotary
DocPros email=joining NNA
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2013 Index

Posted by Eric Andrist on 9/6/13 12:19pm
Msg #483453

Just got an email from DocPros stating that "lenders are now requiring notaries to be NNA Signing Agent certified. They go on to say, "If you choose not to become certified, we will do our best to send you work when a client does not have this requirement."

How often are people finding that the NNA certification is required? It just seem like a lot of people don't like NNA.

Reply by Roadie_MD on 9/6/13 12:28pm
Msg #483455

I don't find that many ask for it. It seems the ones that do are a PITA anyway. My experience with DocPros (not recent, to be fair) is they pay low and you have to hound them to get paid. Not worth it. If I had a few companies asking for it and I didn't already have a recent BGC, I would consider the $99 NNA certification. This is no training, just take a test and become certified. Anybody that has been doing it a while should be able to pass the certification test.

Reply by Lee/AR on 9/6/13 12:28pm
Msg #483456

A 3 1/2 * co... with lots of low/slow pay comments. Eh~~ n/m

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 9/6/13 12:29pm
Msg #483457

Clarification: A lot of NOTARIES don't like NNA for various reasons, all of which have been posted here. NNA has culled a great deal of respect from title companies, signing services and various states' agencies.

I joined and got certified - 3 of my best payers require their BGC and/or their Certification. It's paid dividends for me. Everyone has their own opinions and to each their own. It was a business decision.

Reply by desktopfull on 9/6/13 12:30pm
Msg #483458

IMHO, I think it's time an Anti-Trust suit should be considered. These companies are now forcing NSA's to join a private for profit organization and pay for products that can be purchased through other sources to meet the requirements of lender's. They are in essence creating a monopoly for the NNA because they are refusing Certifications and Background Checks from providers. How are they connected to the NNA? Are they getting any considerations for making this mandate for NSA's to join the NNA and purchase their Certification and Background Check?

Reply by Lee/AR on 9/6/13 12:33pm
Msg #483461

Yay, that, dtf...

One does wonder...A LOT.

Reply by anotary4all on 9/6/13 1:12pm
Msg #483471

I totally agree desktopfull!

Reply by Darlin_AL on 9/6/13 3:55pm
Msg #483492

If its NNA.org, does that mean non or for profit? n/m

Reply by desktopfull on 9/6/13 5:24pm
Msg #483516

NO, it means it's and organization, NNA is a for profit co. n/m

Reply by anotary4all on 9/6/13 1:08pm
Msg #483469

I got the same email with the subject line ch ch ch changes. I'm not happy about NNA capitalizing on these changes...They are definitely monopolizing this industry. I also received a call today from another signing agency telling me that the background check their lenders require has to come from NNA now. NNA's background check is $99. Why is NNA able to monopolize the industry like that...why don't they just settle for the DOJ and FBI check that we HAVE to have to become a notary? Who could be more thorough than the DOJ and the FBI? So frustrating.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 9/6/13 1:18pm
Msg #483476

"why don't they just settle for the DOJ and FBI check that we HAVE to have to become a notary? Who could be more thorough than the DOJ and the FBI? "

Because they are not privvy to the results of that BGC and the state is not obligated to turn the results of that BGC over to anyone. They're not gonna rely on something they can't see. IMO that's why a second independent BGC is needed.

As for *just* NNA - I disagree with it too -

Reply by Darlin_AL on 9/6/13 3:57pm
Msg #483494

anotary4all--DOJ & Fed not required in all states n/m

Reply by Linda_in_MI on 9/6/13 1:29pm
Msg #483477

NSA per the NNA

Juts for giggles followed the link on the DocPros email to see what would be required if I decide to go the NNA route. They offer two options: $99 for experienced notaries (online test, Bgck chk, and listing) and $169 (the additional $50 is for the course itself and a book plus test, etc.) for those with no experience.

But they also have the following listed on the main page about the certification. WOW. With a fee of $75 a shot that's a real income earning opportunity.

"Turn Being a Notary into an Income Earning Opportunity
A Notary Signing Agent (NSA) is a Notary specifically trained to facilitate mortgage signings. NSAs have earned $75 . . . $125 . . . and more to oversee loan signings for lenders, title companies and signing services.

From our industry-recognized program, you'll learn how to easily interpret and explain complex mortgage signing documents. Use your Notary skills to become a qualified, competent and confident Certified Notary Signing Agent. And you'll have your industry-required background screening enabling you to work for the major title services organizations. You'll be in high demand.

Each of our packages includes your listing on SigningAgent.com, the leading directory used by title companies and signing services to search for qualified NSAs.

Notaries should be aware that opportunities to conduct loan signings may be limited or restricted in some states. For more information, see NSA State Restrictions. (current as of 11/2011)"

Reply by jba/fl on 9/6/13 1:36pm
Msg #483478

That is + $70 n/m

Reply by Linda_in_MI on 9/6/13 1:50pm
Msg #483481

Oops - thanks. Bad day for me and math n/m

Reply by ToniK on 9/6/13 1:50pm
Msg #483482

I have never been asked for a NNA certification.

Reply by HrdwrkrVA on 9/6/13 2:00pm
Msg #483485

DocPros stiffed me on a PITA signing; lowballers when they

DID pay.

Reply by Calnotary on 9/6/13 3:19pm
Msg #483488

They called me a few days ago for a 25.00 dollar job early in the morning, just a GD or some few pages. No thank you.

Reply by JimAZ on 9/6/13 5:33pm
Msg #483519

My Response:

Three star company telling me I need to spend $99 with NNA to do business with DocPros. LOL. My background check is through Lexis-Nexus directly and is accepted by everyone. The reason we haven't done business is I only do business with four and five star companies on Notary Rotary. Get in line and let me know when you have achieved at least four star.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.