Notary Rotary
Fees have dropped through the floor
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2013 Index

Posted by HSH/WA on 9/11/13 11:51am
Msg #484153

with a 4 start SS. Big BofA package with larger fax back, not too far away, $60. My quote was more than double that so I've no chance, but it does not pay to do it for $60. That's the lowest I've been offered for a big package with major fax backs. You know they will get someone to take it. These days I turn down more than I sign due to low fees. Some of my old SS/TCs don't call anymore. It may be an adjust to lower fees or go out of business moment. But to do this signing for $60 is just a slower more painful way to go out of business. Can you imagine printing close to 400 pages, driving to BO and them over an hour to sign, driving home spending 20 to 30 minutes faxing back a big package and then driving to FedEx - all for $60?

Reply by Suzibelle01 on 9/11/13 11:54am
Msg #484155

Can you provide the name of the ss? I have been getting a few of these calls lately and very discouraging but have to say "No" cannot do.

Sue

Reply by Teresa/FL on 9/11/13 11:55am
Msg #484156

That pricing does not fit my business plan

Even though I have a Fujitsu ScanSnap allowing me to scan/email from the table and have both UPS and FedEx offices within 2 miles of my home, the time involved is worth much more than $60.

Reply by Lisa Cirillo on 9/11/13 12:05pm
Msg #484162

Re: That pricing does not fit my business plan

I agree with the last two posters as well. Just can't do these types of jobs for $60. Just doesn't make sense to even walk out the door.

But.......they will find someone to do it. A point and sign here is what they will get.

Reply by 101livescan on 9/11/13 12:13pm
Msg #484164

We can all become the clean up crew for $50 to return to borrower. You know, after the circus has folded their tents, we go in and clean up all the elephant poo...

Corrections, corrections, lost documents, missed signatures, etc.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 9/11/13 12:19pm
Msg #484166

Exactly! And, a big THANK YOU to all NSA's adhering to their fees.

TC's and SS's know full well that times are very slow. Yeah, they'll lower the fees. They figure people are getting desperate and will accept whatever is offered. We know that by accepting those low $60 signings, we would be losing money.

Had a call a couple of days ago from a well-respected SS in Southern California for a seller package. Signing location is about an hour's drive from me. Docs were being overnighted to seller. They offered $65. I countered $XXX and they said if they couldn't find someone for their stated fee, they'd call me back. Guess they found someone. Somehow, 2 hours on the road, 30 to 45 minutes with signer - (depending on how well versed they are and who TC is) - does not equal $65. Not to me, anyway.

Reply by Lee/AR on 9/11/13 12:21pm
Msg #484168

For only 1 reason: Fees have dropped through the floor

Because they 'think' they can.

Reply by MW/VA on 9/11/13 1:19pm
Msg #484191

I agree, Lee. That $60 fee is ridiculous & insulting! n/m

Reply by Les_CO on 9/11/13 2:24pm
Msg #484211

Re: Fees have dropped through the floor/Not my fees! n/m

Reply by BobtheElder on 9/11/13 6:01pm
Msg #484271

I don't even talk to them under $100, and if they say they'll call back if they can't find someone I tell them not to bother.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.