Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
First American insults Notaries with their lowball fees.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2013 Index

Posted by loandocs on 9/21/13 3:05pm
Msg #485445

Yes, they pay fast, but the LARGE packages, hand-holding, and LOW fees -- $75.00 is equivalent to working at a loss. There is no way you can do a profitable business with them. VERY labor intensive because you have to complete a Notarial Evidence Form for each and every signing. Then, they want the notary to call or email their status within 60 minutes of the appointment time, and many times the notary is still at the signing table, which is rude to the Borrowers. It is an insult to ALL notaries to do business with FASS.

Reply by Christine/OK on 9/21/13 3:12pm
Msg #485448

Agree wholeheartedly! Well stated. :D n/m

Reply by loandocs on 9/21/13 3:14pm
Msg #485450

Re: Agree wholeheartedly! Well stated. :D

Thank you. I want to help all of us!

Reply by Yoli/CA on 9/21/13 3:39pm
Msg #485454

That's why I only accept their signings when they make it worth my while. I'm willing to drive if they're willing to pay.

Last signing I accommodated for them was 8/14th. They paid my $350 fee on 8/19th.

They know my fees and now only call me when they can't find a low-cost notary. FASS will pay when they have to.

If more notaries learned how to say no to low-ball fees, we wouldn't be getting so many degrading offers.

Reply by Christine/OK on 9/21/13 4:10pm
Msg #485466

YEP! n/m

Reply by HSH/WA on 9/21/13 6:44pm
Msg #485503

Re: Fass is my best, I love them.

No problems with pay and it's always within a few weeks. I don't hear from them much any more (cheaper notary's are taking the business) but when I do it's $XXX that is offered. They will bump a fee if you say the signing is way out in the boonies, or it's 180 pages, etc. No real problem calling in a signing once completed. I never tried for white glove. But, fees these days have dropped, I didn't follow them down, so business is slow with all SS.

Reply by Karla/OR on 9/21/13 7:19pm
Msg #485510

HSH/WA, my sentiments as well. n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.