Notary Rotary
Hope for Home
Notary Discussion History

Hope for Home
Go Back to September, 2013 Index

Posted by Mobile1/PA on 9/25/13 1:41pm
Msg #485946

Hope for Home

I recently took an assignment even though I checked Notary Rotary and Hope for Home did not have a very good rating. I like to think my professionalism, attention to detail, and prompt communication makes a difference. Jennifer, Roger, and Monte were very courteous and provided me with a detailed list for the signing. I followed it closely and carefully and returned the documents immediately as requested. I was paid in full and as promised. I just thought I'd like to congratulate Hope for Home on a complete company turn around and offer them a positive review so others can see that if you follow your client's instructions you can expect full and prompt payments.

Reply by NotaryOH on 9/25/13 10:00pm
Msg #486015

Re: Hope for Home - Avoid working for them

I completed a signing (painfully) on 6/26/12 and still have not been paid by Hope for Home. The gal was about to lose her home and Hope for Home was going to assist her. However, she and I soon discovered that Hope for Home failed to mention that payments to them were due at the signing appt.

At the signing (her workplace), I called and emailed Rodger (her rep) and Alisa Wren (the admin) using my iPhone. My follow-up said, "I am at the client's workplace and have been waiting patiently while she has been on the phone with Rodger. She is unhappy with the amount due and not being told ahead of time about the amount due. She is on the fence. I will need to leave. She is upset and this is uncomfortable."

After a lengthy discussion with Rodger, the gal ended up signing and she submitted post-dated checks.

Hope for Home thanked me for my patience. The same day, I sent my invoice and scanbacks of the entire package on 6/26/12. Our agreed fee was $75.00. Since then, I have been following up on payment because I was promised payment on 7/2/12 (quick turn around promised by Alexa Wren).

On 7/31/12, after following up, I received an email saying, "Please re-send me your invoice. I need your address. Thank you. Jennifer Stedham, Administrator - Hope For Home (888) 232-8572 Ext. 333"

On 7/31/12, Jennifer Stedham's next reply said, "Your invoice was received. We send our checks out the 1st and 15th of each month."

On 8/1/12, after another follow-up email to her, Jennifer replied, "Your check will be sent out today. When I write out the check I will email you with the check number."

She promised to email the check number on 8/1/12, but did not follow through on her word. She did not email me the check number. Instead, she called and said, "In response to your email, Alexa Wren no longer works here and we only pay $40.00"

As mentioned above, I never received payment.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.