Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
How to Price your Products & Services (SCORE)
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2013 Index

Posted by NVLSlady/VA on 9/16/13 10:59am
Msg #484786

Just got Score's monthly email. Live webinars: Price Setting for Business/Services* (Thurs 9/26, a.m. west coast/afternoon east) and one on content for SEO (9/19)

*N. Carolinians may know something about the presenter, Marvin Brook

Reply by Doris_CO on 9/16/13 11:30am
Msg #484787

Do you have a link to the information?

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 9/16/13 11:33am
Msg #484788

Hope all is well with you and your family out there, Doris!

http://www.score.org/onlineworkshops/tab-a

Reply by 101livescan on 9/16/13 11:43am
Msg #484789

Awesome!

Reply by Michelle/AL on 9/16/13 12:13pm
Msg #484791

What a great post!

Thanks so much for sharing the information. If there's a possibility that I'll learn one new thing, I consider it time well spent.

Reply by supersigner on 9/16/13 3:07pm
Msg #484801

Can you tell me more about SCORE and how it can help a notary?

Thanks.

Reply by Shelly_FL on 9/16/13 7:58pm
Msg #484813

You've got my curiosity going.

"Marvin worked for the United States Postal Service for 30 years, ultimately becoming the financial controller for Northern California."

Got a chuckle out of that, since the USPS has been running in the red for I don't know how many years. It continues to persevere on the backs of us tax payers by virtue of Congress. I will try to keep an open mind since their sorry state of affairs is not a result of one person.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 9/17/13 4:44pm
Msg #484886

Wrong info on USPS

Yours is a very common belief, but just for the record, the USPS receives no taxpayer money. The biggest reason they're having financial problems is that Congress passed a bill requiring them to pre-fund their pension plan for something like 75 years into the future within a 10 year period. Lots of sources tend to leave that out, though.

I'm not sure I have the numbers exactly right (you can Google it), but the concept I believe is correct. It appears there are individuals who are being lobbied by or have some interest in the competition of the postal service. Sorry to get into that here on this forum, but couldn't ignore false info.

(I'd google it myself, but time to leave for an appt...)

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 9/17/13 5:58pm
Msg #484888

They have to pay retiree health benefits

75 years into the future. And no - taxpayers don't pay anything - USPS is completely self-funded.

Reply by Shelly_FL on 9/18/13 9:38am
Msg #484917

Agree public is misslead

In two weeks the US Treasury will satisfy the USPS debt, as they did last Oct.1st when they paid out 16.7 BILLION dollars. Postal employees must be paid through general revenue, but all other expenses are put on credit until end of fiscal year when the US Treasury must satisfy all US government agency debt. Essentially, taxpayers are cleaning up the waste products of ineffective management. My husband witnesses their ineptness 5 days a week. He says they averages over two million dollars of grievances a year because they can't follow through on their own policies.

Yes, the public is definitely being feed miss-information.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.