Notary Rotary
I have a question(s) about signing services
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2013 Index

Posted by Notarysigner on 9/7/13 12:39pm
Msg #483612

1. Are the owners and employees required to have BGC?
2 Are they bonded?
3. Are they required to have an "agent" for serving subpoena?
4. Are they regulated at all?

Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge about this because I don't know the answers to these questions.

Reply by Lee/AR on 9/7/13 2:17pm
Msg #483625

Shooting from the hip: As far as notaries 'needing' a bgc...not so, decision just left up to the Lender--and most decided (with a little help from a Nat'l for-profit org.) that it was a good idea.

As SS mostly never see docs, the Lender's customer's security is not an issue, and the Lender really doesn't 'need' to care about the notary's privacy/security/whatever. As to 2 & 3--not a clue, but doubt it because #4 is that they are not regulated.

Reply by Notarysigner on 9/7/13 2:29pm
Msg #483628

Thanks Lee. for a minute I thought I had typed in white ink! n/m

Reply by Les_CO on 9/7/13 3:20pm
Msg #483632

NO! Depending on how and where they are doing business (Corp/LLC/sole proprietor/etc.) they may have to file something somewhere (trade name, registered agent, etc.) or not bother..…but as far as I know one could run a SS from a prison in Iran. JMO

Reply by Notarysigner on 9/7/13 4:34pm
Msg #483637

Yea Les, I kinda figured that. I am kinda suprised that

I didn't get more answers to my questions.....seeing how people are willing to send all kinds of information and yet not know anything about who they're sending it to are how they're going to use it.

One of our members here disclosed to me that the OWNER of a SS insisted he meet her and drove to her location against her wishes. She's brave, the guy should be pushing up daisies IMO.

Reply by Les_CO on 9/7/13 5:13pm
Msg #483643

Re: Yea Les, I kinda figured that. I am kinda suprised that

He should call me! (or you!) Bet he’d only meet with us once. I’m not trying to berate Signing Services, I honestly think the good honest ones have an important place in our business, do a good job, and I’m happy to work with some….Some not so much, and others……. I can’t say here what I really think.

Reply by Lee/AR on 9/7/13 5:34pm
Msg #483652

Now THAT is waaay beyond bizarre & into call the cops! n/m

Reply by Notarysigner on 9/7/13 6:02pm
Msg #483658

Agree Les but we got to look and the big picture you the

saying, "just because you didn't get a ticket doesn't mean you weren't speeding". Right now there are very few/little safe-guards to protect us. I can't speak for all SS OR Notaries but I do have expectations. Getting paid, getting paid on time being treated as a professional are some of those expectations. There is not one day that goes by on any forum where somebody doesn't address those expectations not being met!

Lee I tried to get them to do more but no actual "contact" ever happened because they went over to their neighbors and watched from their window. It happened once and it will happen again....we'll see, I'm watching very closely.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.