Notary Rotary
I will never understand the thought process
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2013 Index

Posted by Linda_H/FL on 9/30/13 10:43am
Msg #486443

Why do companies call for a signing, leave a message to call them back about a signing in such and such a city, you take the time to call them back 5 minutes later and they found someone else.

If you're not gonna wait for my call - don't leave a message and waste my time.

Mutter..

Vent over. Smile

Reply by Christine/OK on 9/30/13 11:06am
Msg #486447

LIKE!! :D n/m

Reply by Notarysigner on 9/30/13 11:22am
Msg #486451

Sometime (not often) they will say "thanks for calling us back". When that happens IMO all is forgiven. However, if they did indeed listen to my phone message, it also says text me and I will respond immediately. I guess they want me faster than immediately. LOL

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 9/30/13 12:12pm
Msg #486460

Duh!

It's an (infuriating) cattle call, Linda. Heehee. They leave a message in case they can't get anybody in subsequent calls. Then, at least there is the possibility that some notary will call them back to take the job. They have no intention of "waiting" for your return call, which you may never make (in their mind). They're just banking that you might ... and if they haven't already found someone else, bingo, you're it.

Anyway, who said any of these companies ever had a "thought process"?

Reply by Alz on 9/30/13 1:02pm
Msg #486471

I hear you Linda. It is rare that I respond to companies

who only leave the city of the signing versus other detail information, i.e. date, time, etc.

Sometimes it will be a company that is listed on my ocassional list or what I call an "N3". They pay my standard fees within 30 days, but only send the business once or twice a quarter.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.