Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Instructions: Do not change location without approval.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2013 Index

Posted by desktopfull on 9/6/13 5:44pm
Msg #483522

I did after arriving at this borrower's home. Got there and noticed little red bugs crawling all over everything. Asked the borrower what they were and the borrower's told me they were bedbugs and that someone was coming out to treat their home tomorrow. I didn't set a thing down and told the borrower's that if they wanted to sign there mortgage docs they would have to go with me to the McDonald's down the street, that I wasn't staying in their home and risking carrying their problem back to my home. Why can't borrower's disclose that they have a problem when we call to confirm their appointments, or at least ask if we could meet at a different location? Came home took a shower and put my clothes straight into the washer. Just thinking about those bugs still makes me itch.

Reply by Michele/MD on 9/6/13 5:54pm
Msg #483526

Gross! People don't care! It's all about them. I've had roaches crawl on me sitting at a borrowers table. I would have left too.

Reply by Alz on 9/6/13 7:46pm
Msg #483544

Health, safety, and common ense out numbers approval process n/m

Reply by Belinda/CA on 9/6/13 6:51pm
Msg #483538

Washing your clothes will not kill bed bugs. Only extreme heat kills them. Usually they do not even suffocate in the water. You will have to boil your clothes or put them in the drier on high heat for a while and hope that works. I hope this does not ruin your clothes. The bugs may be in your washer as well so do a load on the hottest water you can with bleach. I think I watch too much educational TV.

Reply by Darlin_AL on 9/6/13 7:47pm
Msg #483545

It's weird, but I think about stuff like the bugs when I enter a signing situation where there is 1 40 watt bulb in the fixture over the table. Even though I prep during confirmation call "well-lit table". Thank goodness you saw the bugs when you first got there---eeeeeeeew!

Reply by Robert522TX on 9/6/13 8:49pm
Msg #483555

Gross!
I did a RM application a few months ago. The poor old man had to stop and run to the restroom several times. He chain smoked the entire time, and we were lucky enough to be accompanied by his 2 grown daughters who were also chain smoking, had not had a hot bath in reeks, I mean weeks, and spent the whole time yelling at the grandson to fetch more Dr. Pepper and cigarettes, and snacks. The house had obviously not been cleaned since his wife passed a couple of years before. Dirt and odors were in the air.
I had to run home, throw my clothes in the washer, and scrub under a hot shower.
When they called back for me to do the loan signing, I refused to go back there.

Reply by Sandra G Holland on 9/6/13 8:58pm
Msg #483557

What size are bedbugs?

Reply by jba/fl on 9/6/13 9:19pm
Msg #483559

Maybe more than you want to know.

I have learned a lot about them recently as I am planning a trip for 2015 hiking the Camino de Santiago and will be staying in hostels, or alberques as they are called there. Apparently there are some with the critters, so it stands to reason it is a hot topic.

Maybe more than you want to know.
http://www.orkin.com/other/bed-bugs/

Reply by Yoli/CA on 9/7/13 12:08am
Msg #483572

Ok, jba/fl. I read that link and immediately started itching and scratching! Eeewwwww!!!!

Reply by Susan Fischer on 9/6/13 9:23pm
Msg #483560

Approval, schmadrooval: Common Sense and personal

responsibility rule the day.

I call it: "If I were me, I wouldn't pet that dog" sense. Exigent circumstances. Spidy sense, as it were. Or, in Idaho, "If you see me getting smaller, it's because I'm a-leavin'."

Standard question for Confirmation Call Info: "Do you guarantee a safe environment for this signing?" Probably not happening...

Nevertheless, over the years, probably a handful of impossible situations presented themselves, and were accommodated with alternate solutions; exigent circumstances being what they are, duty-wise.

Boo-hiss on borrowers who don't mention that the kids have the flu, the house has bedbugs, the biting dogs have fleas, the road up the mountain is washed out at Ford's Creek...

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 9/6/13 10:01pm
Msg #483564

Re: Approval, schmadrooval: Common Sense and personal

or fail to mention they have 40 cats or snakes loose in the living room..and many more situations..All for an interesting job to say the least.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.