Notary Rotary
Leary Borrower - PT II
Notary Discussion History

Leary Borrower - PT II
Go Back to September, 2013 Index

Posted by NVLSlady/VA on 9/23/13 8:29pm
Msg #485665

Leary Borrower - PT II

Oh my! Got 3 phone calls today from 3 different TC reps regarding signing. The last rep sent me an email that she'd spoken to borrower and he had no questions (bravo!).

Turns out L.O. was AWOL and the end result was my arrival to signer's home. You know the rest: nb spouse nowhere in sight.

Contact hiring party, who feverishly tries to get TC before we adjourn. I leave but agree to "hang around." Told to go back. TC wants bo to cross out spouse's name and initial. He says, "no way, they can do it."

I can't say I blame him. What a mess!! They are both busy (secret clearances) and only had a narrow window where both could sign together. I told him a different notary could bring her docs (nope. High security job, no way to contact and she has to call him within specific time frames when she's away on work-related biz). What is frustrating is that he <told> all this to the processor - who ok'd the docs With Her Name on them! Unbelievable lack of organization and consideration for client's (and notary's) time. He said so - and added it had been like that pretty much the whole way through. Someone even sent notary to <subject> property address before (where he does not live)!

Time for "therapy."

Reply by MW/VA on 9/23/13 9:02pm
Msg #485666

It's days & situations like this that make us wonder

sometimes why we sign up for this kind of thing. How many times do we need to save the LO's & tc's as#$s, anyway? ;-) LOL

Reply by HisHughness on 9/23/13 9:19pm
Msg #485671

It is situations like this that make dinging notaries ...

... on "quality control" issues so utterly ludicrous.

Reply by ME/NJ on 9/23/13 10:06pm
Msg #485676

Re: It is situations like this that make dinging notaries ...

When I got back into the game in 2010, it seem to be tons of QC issues and by 2011 things got back on track. I say it was break in period for new staff. Now with the layoffs we will see delays and lots of late docs.

Reply by SharpMind on 9/24/13 12:21pm
Msg #485763

Yeah, it's instances like this where I really, really want to say... "I know a very knowledgeable and detail-oriented loan officer...." BUT I don't, I can't because I am working on behalf of the lender/title company.

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 9/24/13 3:13pm
Msg #485808

I KNOW that's right, Sharp! But we're professionals . . . n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.