Mortgage Connect. OUCH I guess I'm deleted or
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2013 Index

Posted by CarolF/NC on 9/13/13 7:18pm
Msg #484623

was this all a Friday the 13th jokeSmile
Therefore, in order to remain on our active panel of signing agents, you must respond with acceptance of our targeted $75 fee or your proposed discounted fee no later than Friday, September 13th demonstrating your participation in this cost reduction effort

Reply by MW/VA on 9/13/13 7:33pm
Msg #484625

Friday, the 13th--or April Fool's Day, maybe.

I stopped playing their game quite some time ago. Not worth the hassle.

Reply by jba/fl on 9/13/13 9:18pm
Msg #484631

Celebrate, celebrate-dance to the music. New day is dawning. n/m

Reply by walthtz on 9/13/13 11:13pm
Msg #484635

They called me.
I told them when the Gas prices come down a couple of dollars a gallon & when the paper & toner comes down to a normal level, then I would think about their offer.
But I won't think too long.......................

Reply by Karla/OR on 9/14/13 3:31am
Msg #484641

Great response!! They don't give a RA!!

Reply by walthtz on 9/14/13 8:13am
Msg #484646

That's the sad part, but I bet the employees there all get a raise

Reply by Luckydog on 9/14/13 3:45pm
Msg #484696

The buyer still pays the same, the SS pockets the extra $25.00. Tell them when they print and overnight the docs to you, and provide the pens and the travel distance is 5 miles or less would you take it under consideration (not). Who do they think we are? Only an idiot knows that this has nothing to do with cutting back, and buyer still pays the same if not more.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 9/14/13 4:14pm
Msg #484698

They're just looking for new ways to meet their overhead with the lower volume, like so many others. Some companies will try to meet that shortfall on the backs of the notaries, like Mortgage Connect. Other companies will be dealing with that issue by cutting expenses - even if that means cutting staff, if necessary - or negotiating strongly with their clients.

Regardless, we have a choice to take the hit or find new business elsewhere that still allows us to make a profit and stay in business. For some, a third choice might be to find a job. During the last slowdown, that's exactly what many did, and I dare say that turned out to be the right choice for many. Some walked away from this business altogether and some continued part time. I haven't heard from any who were sorry for taking a job, but I've heard from several who were very glad they did.

To each his own, but don't think continuing to work at a loss is a very smart way to go...

Reply by Susan/CA on 9/14/13 4:57pm
Msg #484700

I gave up on Mtg. Connect long ago. But what these companies fail to understand (or they think we are too stupid to realize) is that for the Traveling Notary/Signing agent to even have a chance at survival during these tough times we need to ask for MORE per signing since our volume is down so bad. If we hope to make it off less then half of the work we used to do our only chance is to get more! Not less! Hopefully those signing agents that accept these fees absurd fees have portable car printers because before long at these rates their car will be there home and office! Sad...sad times!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.