Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
My EOM - Funday, Funday (think Mamas & Papas)
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2013 Index

Posted by jba/fl on 9/26/13 10:15pm
Msg #486190

Not being able to confirm the appt, having been promised full fee no matter, made the trip, still not answering phones and now doesn't answer the front door. There was a side door, so I knocked on it as well and then the next door neighbor, popped up scaring the daylights out of me. Said he had seen me there for a while and wanted to know if BO answered. I said no, that I had appt. and not getting any response at all from any attempts. He told me that he had been trying to reach him for 3 days and was getting no response and he was worried. Said it was not like BO to not respond to him, and that he was about the only one BO does stay in contact with. He said he is a bit of a recluse. He asked if I was there about the reverse mtg and I said yes so he revealed that BO had been struggling with that for some time now.

There was a sign on one front window dated 2008 about roof estimate/work permit. Not sure if it was done as that is long time ago. Another window had a sign: There is nothing here worth losing your life over. I could look in the window and see no one, but evidence of a hoarder and other issues. Something is radically wrong. Friend asked me if I thought someone should be called. We talked a bit and he decided he would call BO's attorney and then 911 as he is very concerned. (No, I don't know the outcome)

I left but not before calling the lender contacts, who don't answer their phones. Wonder how they got their appt. made, and when. Came home, made my online report then as I got ready to send another package back, Bailey, my elderly cat who is getting clumsy and tottering banged into my coffee sending it over both packages. No big deal on the one, but the other is now edged in heavily creamed coffee - just on the left. Can't return that wet, so spread over counters and ironing board after dabbing with towels.

Tried calling the SS - no answer. Write them: emergency - please, someone call immediately. 2pm yesterday. Today at 11:30 am I get a return call. I told her what happened and she decides that I can return to processor and she will cover the explanation. It is an RM app, so we think that will be ok, so packed it up, waited 3 hours and dropped it.

I was really glad to end my day early for a change.

Reply by Mike Goodey on 9/27/13 12:21am
Msg #486195

That's one reason I don't want to be around cats...but not the only reason.

Reply by Lee/AR on 9/27/13 5:49am
Msg #486204

On an RM a couple years ago, I wound up calling for an ambulance for the BO and waiting with him until it came. Don't know, but guessing stroke/heart attack. He was mumbling about the RM all the time. These things can be stressful for some!

Reply by Les_CO on 9/27/13 6:28am
Msg #486209

Sometimes there’s a lot more to our jobs than ‘point and sign’!

Reply by Christine/OK on 9/27/13 6:32am
Msg #486213

Freaky Friday on a Thursday! lol :D n/m

Reply by MW/VA on 9/27/13 12:14pm
Msg #486250

This has been a kind of freaky week for me, too. Had a RM

application signing in a place that was pretty dirty & one of the signers was cursing & swearing. I set my boundaries & told them I'd leave if he didn't conduct himself better.
Today, I had a refi appt. I arrive, knock on the door, and someone (her son, I'm guessing) answered, said she's run a errand & would be right back.
I waited in my car. She drives up, comes over to my car & gets in. She says I thought we'd do it here in the car. I've never done a signing in the car, and wouldn't be able to juggle all the paperwork. I suggested another location. We drive to Burger King & she wants to sign in like 5 minutes. Turns out she had to take same son to a court appearance & was in a big hurry. We got it done, though.
Geezzz--we're a whole month away from Halloween! ;-)

Reply by Christine/OK on 9/27/13 5:42pm
Msg #486301

When is the next full moon??!! :D n/m

Reply by Barb25 on 9/27/13 12:48pm
Msg #486262

Glad you made it home safe and sound with

"promised full fee no matter" and were able to leave before you became part of the what is terribly wrong. Have a good weekend.

Reply by jba/fl on 9/27/13 4:17pm
Msg #486290

Thank you. n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.