Notary Rotary
NNA BGC
Notary Discussion History

NNA BGC
Go Back to September, 2013 Index

Posted by Pierces Notary Services on 9/9/13 3:19pm
Msg #483788

NNA BGC

Is everyone getting one? Seems like a lot of companies that I have worked with for years are now requiring an NNA BGC.

Reply by Frances Kany on 9/9/13 3:29pm
Msg #483789

I am NOT a big fan of NNA but it is worth it to me just for the Certification and BGC because a few companies require it. I just consider it a cost of doing business. I took their certification test years ago and now I don't have to take the test again but when my membership renews it automatically renews my certification and BGC.

Reply by MW/VA on 9/9/13 3:38pm
Msg #483790

The only bgc I have is from NR. I won't give the NNA

any more money. It's too bad they hold everyone hostage by convincing cos. that theirs is the only acceptable one. I'm not quite sure why someone doesn't bring a class-action about this.

Reply by rolomia on 9/9/13 4:59pm
Msg #483800

Re: The only bgc I have is from NR. I won't give the NNA

The NNA pays generous affiliate commissions to TC/SS who convince NSA's to purchase or renew NNA membership, which is required to obtain THEIR certification & background check.

By the way: veteran forum moderators used to tear into post authors (read "posers"?) who referred to the NNA by name, rather than XYZ. But, since so many recent posts that violate supposed (apparently "unofficial) rule have gone unchallenged, I now no longer care whether every post touts the NNA. I suppose said relaxed stance may be tolerated since we have so many more important issues to concern ourselves with. And, most people realize that life is too short to be wasting time and energy on insignificant, unimportant matters, when greater problems await. JMHO

Reply by MW/VA on 9/9/13 9:56pm
Msg #483864

Do you have proof of that statement "pays generous affiliate

commissions, etc.......". That would be interesting info for the DOJ.

Reply by rolomia on 9/9/13 5:05pm
Msg #483802

XYZ IS NNA IS XYZ IS NNA IS XYZ IS NNA IS XYZ IS NNA IS XYZ-

Veteran forum moderators used to tear into post authors (read "posers"?) who referred to the NNA by name, rather than XYZ. But, since so many recent posts that violate supposed (apparently "unofficial) rule have gone unchallenged, I now no longer care whether every post touts the NNA.

I suppose said relaxed stance may be tolerated since we have so many more important issues to concern ourselves with. And, most people realize that life is too short to be wasting time and energy on insignificant, unimportant matters, when greater problems await. JMHO

Reply by jba/fl on 9/9/13 5:17pm
Msg #483806

There were no forum moderators - we are a self-governing,

adult community, with respect for Harry's World aka Notary Rotary, aka NotRot.

The issue did permit using the name of the company in this instance; it really was just "noise" coming from you and your tirade. I reported your post as it just demonstrates a total lack of respect and concern for the related issue. I can't remember the entire reason, but it has something to do with legal posturing, at the minimum, of that company towards this company, this forum, which you appear to hold in disregard to get, as far as I can see, a back-handed chuckle or ????

There is an old adage: Children should be seen and not heard. I think it applies to you.

Reply by John Tennant on 9/9/13 5:27pm
Msg #483813

Re: There were no forum moderators - we are a self-governing,

I am totally with you and have reported the post. JMHO

Reply by rolomia on 9/9/13 5:53pm
Msg #483822

My "tirade", as you called it, was made in response to what I read as "noise" (again: as YOU call it) from other forum authors who's posts continually refer to the XYZ by name. You are entitled to your opinion, though. However, calling me a child and telling me that I shouldn't be heard, as such, is demeaning, insulting and ALSO worthy of report. My post wasn't intended as disrespect but rather commentary ( and concern) for what I perceive to be disrespect for forum rules. JMHO

Reply by jba/fl on 9/9/13 6:04pm
Msg #483826

One time only so please listen (read): Shut UP! n/m

Reply by Doris_CO on 9/9/13 7:33pm
Msg #483839

Rolomia, this is the post that started the "XYZ" nickname. Msg #151566. Out of respect for Harry and this forum, we notaries decided to never use that organizations name again. It's been several years and I think we need a reminder because history seems to be repeating itself.

Reply by Darlin_AL on 9/9/13 5:44pm
Msg #483817

Need a valium? Too much Red Bull?? n/m

Reply by HisHughness on 9/9/13 8:06pm
Msg #483847

When Harry asks me to avoid certain things in my posts ...

... I am going to avoid those things in my post. I admire what Harry has built for us on this web site, and I appreciate the forum he has provided us.

I assume your outburst was born of ignorance of the history of the euphemism we use for NNA. If that is the case, now would be a good time for you to acknowledge that, to apologize for acting out of ignorance, and to give everybody, including Harry, assurance that the NNA won't come down on us because of anything you do in the future.

Reply by HisHughness on 9/9/13 8:08pm
Msg #483848

The immediately preceding post was intended for Rolomia. n/m

Reply by rolomia on 9/10/13 1:10am
Msg #483880

Thank you, HisHughness! You are correct. I am sorry

My outburst was a result of my disdain, disgust and disappointment in XYZ. I am sorry that my post wasn't worded better. What I should have said in my post title was XYZ IS FAIL IS XYZ IS FAIL...well...you get the idea. So, when their name or, in this case, the letters of the acronym for their name are mentioned on this site, it's like they are getting free (unearned & unpaid) advertising, no matter how bad the service. If they worked more diligently to earn our respect, I would proclaim admiration for them on this forum, in the manner allowed. But, they've NEVER done that and I'm not holding my breath that they ever will. Sorry, Harry.

Reply by rolomia on 9/10/13 1:35am
Msg #483882

Correct! Harry has my assurance.

Still, it should be obvious to everybody on NotRot why XYZ doesn't have a forum on their site, anymore. If they did, ALL or most posts would be negative. I've chatted with and even met other members of that site who shared their own horror stories with me regarding their own sad experiences with said organization. Mine pale in comparison. But, enough said. I don't want to keep harping on a sore subject. Rainbows and sunshine for everybody. JMHO : )

Reply by JanetK_CA on 9/9/13 9:29pm
Msg #483859

Setting the record straight

I believe you have made some erroneous assumptions here and jumped to some inaccurate conclusions - which is what usually results when we assume. (We all know the old saying about what happens when we ass/u/me.) Thankfully, Doris posted the link to connect to the thread with the real issue.

In case someone decides to skip that long thread, I'll clarify... We do not refer to NNA by name when expressing an opinion about them, mostly out of concern for being threatened with legal action. They didn't take too kindly to some of us expressing our not-so-great opinions of some of the business practices they were using back in those days, especially when it wasn't made clear enough to their satisfaction that some statements were what they consider "opinions".

It IS a factual statement that some companies require the NNA background check. And there are other things that can be said that are indisputable statements of fact (e.g. that they're holding such and such a class on this date, in that city, etc.), so no problem referring to them by name in those instances. If there's any doubt, or if we're saying what we think, we use a euphemism to be on the safe side.

BTW, for what it's worth, it appears that some of their specific policies have moderated a teeny tiny bit in the intervening years, but IN MY OPINION, their tactics are basically the same. However, I have actually given them credit for a few things since then, and will mention them by name on the rare occasions when I have something positive to say...

Reply by rolomia on 9/10/13 1:26am
Msg #483881

Agreed! But, they are already calling me, again...

At least 2 to 3 times, each year, they call asking if I want to extend my membership to match my commission expiration date so that it would be one less thing to worry about, leaving me free to focus on my business. Yeah, right! Sounds good in theory, but not in practice. Sadly, it's likely that even more TC/SS will require us to obtain future BGC's and certifications thru XYZ, if for no other reason than that they are the largest and oldest organization of their type in the U.S.A. if not
the world. On that merit alone, I do suppose that we must show respect. But, when TC's/SS's unreasonably require us to affiliate ourselves with XYZ to get business from them and we comply but no or little business follows, I grow even more weary with the whole affair. JMHO

Reply by Yowheelz on 9/10/13 8:54am
Msg #483917

I now have 4 BGC for different companies

I really don't care if it is NR or NNA or whoever I just wish they would all accept the same one. I don't know why each company needs its own certification.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.