Notary Rotary
New business opp Part 2
Notary Discussion History

New business opp Part 2
Go Back to September, 2013 Index

Posted by ToniK on 9/10/13 9:23am
Msg #483923

New business opp Part 2

Since I have a huge response and so many PMs. Ill just post the info here.

CACI a defense contractor is looking to train new investigators to do background investigations. And no this isnt background checks. This is for personnel who are in need of security clearances to work with the Federal Govt. The company will place you in an 8 week training course. 3 weeks will be in Chantilly Va. You will become OPM credentialed (from there you can expand into other credentialled investigations). You must be clearable and obtain a security clearance. In addition, you will go through a background investigation yourself.

Check out the career site at http://www.caci.com/job/feat_job_opps.shtml

click on OPM Investigator opportunities. Read the requirements.

I will say since I am OPM credentialed....it is alot of work. It will keep you busy. Its an IC type gig but you can also become an employee with it as well. Also there is potential for advancement into more senior positions (employee positions) such as case analysts. Just something to think about if you are like me and the closings have dried up.

Reply by SueW/Tn on 9/10/13 9:29am
Msg #483924

TY Toni for your time and trouble

very much appreciated and good luck to you and yours!

Reply by Luckydog on 9/10/13 9:32am
Msg #483926

Re: TY Toni for your time and trouble

Good luck in that venture. Seems like a lot of responsibility and work for $15-19.00 per hour. I guess the credential leads to better things though.

Reply by ToniK on 9/10/13 9:54am
Msg #483930

I dont know where you got that you work for $15-19 per hour. But in one day I made $1290 with only 6 hours of work. But you can take it or leave it.

Reply by 101livescan on 9/10/13 10:16am
Msg #483939

What would life in this forum be like without the negative nellies! Gotta love it!

Reply by Luckydog on 9/10/13 12:11pm
Msg #483966

http://www.caci.com/job/opm_et.shtml
Here ya go Toni where they start at $15.00 per hour and after awhile go to $19.00 this is off the link you posted under Employment Tracks. If you made $1290 in 6 hours just my opinion you would have left the NSA long ago.
.........................................(cut and pasted off the link)
Full-time Level I employees are guaranteed 40 hours of work per week. They will receive paid training at $15 per hour, and upon successful completion of the training course, the base pay rate will increase to $15.50 per hour and they will be entitled to Health and Welfare (H&W) benefits under the SCA contract, which are calculated at $3.71 per hour. Total compensation is $40,736.88, non-negotiable, and employees will receive mileage reimbursement at the current GSA rate.

After six months of field work, Level I Investigators may also qualify for quarterly performance bonuses based on production metrics.

Background Investigator Level II (Full Time/Part Time)

Candidates for this role are current experienced OPM-credentialed investigators who are in good standing with OPM and have 18 consecutive months of experience supporting the OPM contract. They must successfully complete the recertification assessment with a score of 80 percent or higher to be considered.

Those with less than 18-consecutive months of OPM experience but no more than eight months break in service will be required to take a two-week refresher training course. Those with longer than eight months break in service will be required to retake the eight-week training course.

Pay and work hours are determined by employment status:

Full-Time Employees will receive 40 hours of guaranteed work every week, as well as CACI benefits as an SCA employee. Compensation packages are based on experience and production metrics, and performance bonuses up to $2,100 are awarded based on exceptional performance. Mileage is reimbursed at the current GSA rate. Current OPM-credentialed investigators who are joining CACI for the first time may be eligible for a sign-on bonus.
Part-Time Employees (former Consultants/Contractors) will receive an average of 20 hours of work every week at the rate of $19 per hour, and are also eligible for H&W benefits, including paid holidays and vacation (prorated by the number of hours worked in the given pay period). Mileage is reimbursed at the current GSA rate.

Reply by 101livescan on 9/10/13 9:40am
Msg #483927

You're awesome, Toni. Many of us on this forum appreciate your innovation and generosity to "bring us along."

Kudos to you for being such a great resource in these difficult times.

Reply by MW/VA on 9/10/13 9:43am
Msg #483929

It's great that Tony is sharing this opportunity. After all

she didn't have to, and stands nothing to gain by sharing it. That's why I don't see it as advertising.

Reply by ToniK on 9/10/13 9:57am
Msg #483931

Re: It's great that Tony is sharing this opportunity. After all

Nope I dont. Plus you can find this info on the net if one just search for background investigator. Its big here in the DMV area with a huge presence of fed govt here.

Im currently doing investigations for ICE. Next up is CBP.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 9/10/13 10:02am
Msg #483934

Sounds like a great opportunity for anyone who can

take 3 weeks in VA - unfortunately won't fit for me but good luck to any that give it a shot. Smile

Reply by mmk on 9/10/13 10:11am
Msg #483938

Security clearance check is intense!

I am in the process of getting my security clearance for this opportunity. It is intense!!! If you have a skeleton in the closet they will find it!!! Worth the scrutiny tho I agree!

Reply by ToniK on 9/10/13 10:43am
Msg #483947

Re: Security clearance check is intense!

Lol well as long as you tell them there is a skeleton, the better it looks on you. If we gotta find out without you disclosing...not a good look.

Ive have a clearance since 2000. Every 5 yrs Im going through the PR process (periodic review) its not bad..BUT boy I really want the Lifestyle poly (I only have a CI Poly), I hear the Lifestyle is tough!!! lol

Reply by MW/VA on 9/10/13 2:24pm
Msg #484004

It's a big deal in my area of VA, even though I'm not

going to get involved at this stage of my life. It's a routine thing here for people to have to have these clearances for civilian jobs related to military or government support, including the shipyards, etc.

Reply by Liz/OR on 9/10/13 1:33pm
Msg #483987

This sounds good but I can't see how it would be a very busy business as there have been many government cutbacks and furloughs this year. I know there are still people getting employed by the federal government, but surely not as many as in the recent past. Why is there a need for this now? Just wondering.

Reply by Liz/OR on 9/10/13 1:38pm
Msg #483991

well okay, nevermind, now I know Smile

http://www.4-traders.com/CACI-INTERNATIONAL-INC-5273082/news/CACI-International-Inc--CACI-Awarded-Prime-Position-on-25-Billion-Multiple-Award-Contract-to-Prov-13878014/

Reply by CorpJen on 9/10/13 3:09pm
Msg #484019

sounds very boring

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.