Go Back to September, 2013 Index

Posted by Liz/OR on 9/13/13 9:17am
Msg #484480

Ouch, refinance apps down 57%

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/refinances-collapse-20-short-week-130004743.html

Reply by 101livescan on 9/13/13 9:54am
Msg #484481

Is the Mortgage Industry Obsolete?

Yes, and the unemployment figures are skewed because two states' computer systems were not up and could not be considered.

Get a gander at this!

http://www.nationalmortgagenews.com/blogs/hearing/Is-the-Mortgage-Industry-Obsolete-1038704-1.html

Reply by Karla/WA on 9/13/13 11:21am
Msg #484488

Re: Is the Mortgage Industry Obsolete?

It's pretty well obsolete here in the Seattle area. I have had one signing in the last 2 weeks where I had 20 + on a weekly basis for months. Chase has come to a skreetching halt, along with all the other lenders out there.

These banks better come up with some creative solutions pretty soon or this entire industry will be crashing once again.

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 9/13/13 11:49am
Msg #484490

Re: Is the Mortgage Industry Obsolete?

I don't know much, but . . . I believe this is what is called "soft" research - fluffy, but not very substantive (or adequately supported for that matter).

I was thinking, "Who writes this stuff?" Then I saw some of the comments (like the one below) and said, "Ah, it's not just Me!"

I think I will pick up my blog and start charging for my new ebook: How to Purchase Real Estate Without a Mortgage or Write Yourself RICH!

[Sometimes bloggers are] "in the business of making extreme remarks to scare people."
Posted by Rod H | Tuesday, September 10 2013 at 10:58PM ET

p.s. I just got off the phone with a loan officer friend who asked me to keep on the lookout for an office. "Why???." said I, they're all closing up. His response: "Good, that will leave us."

Moral: Somebody's got to do it. Wink

Reply by CJ on 9/13/13 12:57pm
Msg #484506

I've been doing 1-3 a day for YEARS but now. . .

I had ONE call in 2 weeks, and they wanted the time slot I was suing someone in Small Claims, so I HAD to turn it down.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.