Notary Rotary
Question about TS Training Modules
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2013 Index

Posted by Linda_H/FL on 9/25/13 3:11pm
Msg #485964

Anyone have trouble accessing them? I've received 3 this week - yes, one per day which is annoying to say the least - and I can't get the course to run.

I run Windows XP and Internet Explorer (never a problem before); cookies enabled, scripting enabled, Flash Player updated AND IE updated (unnecessarily).

Any ideas? TIA

Reply by Christine/OK on 9/25/13 3:24pm
Msg #485965

Just completed the TIL & HUD/VA training modules a few hours ago using IE. Their software identified that you can use Firefox. There are a few glitches if the Pop-up Blocker is active. Hope this helps, Linda. Big Smile

Reply by Yoli/CA on 9/25/13 3:24pm
Msg #485966

I a day this week also. Had 1 that I'd completed and passed test that kept popping up. When accessed, it showed I'd passed test -- but still popped up, no matter what I did. Finally, emailed TSI via their website. It's now fixed. No longer pops up. You may want to try that, Linda.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 9/25/13 3:29pm
Msg #485968

Been in e-mail correspondence with them

they told me get another computer

I finally told them to have someone call me..this is ridiculous

Reply by Calnotary on 9/25/13 3:35pm
Msg #485969

Re: Been in e-mail correspondence with them

I did one of their test and I score 100% and still says that I need to take that test again. I tried in 4 different computers and with different browsers and still does not work.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 9/25/13 3:53pm
Msg #485972

Looks like you need a 'nother puter too. :) n/m

Reply by jba/fl on 9/25/13 9:43pm
Msg #486014

I remember when I was told I needed a new computer.

That was TRG and I let them go....you don't suppose? (it is time to let this one go?)

Reply by Alz on 9/25/13 5:23pm
Msg #485987

Same issue I had with the HUD/VA Module. n/m

Reply by JPH13/MO on 9/25/13 3:42pm
Msg #485970

I had no luck using Firefox, but was able to do thru older version of Internet Explorer. I hate that you can't pause them to take notes. Maybe try older version of IE and then go back and get new version later?

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 9/25/13 3:55pm
Msg #485975

I did one the other day - the 4506T - no problem IE8

Monday, yesterday and today - can't get course to launch.

BTW - turned off Pop-up blocker - still no dice.

And they're telling me I may not get work from them cuz of this...aarrgghhh

Reply by Linda_in_MI on 9/25/13 3:54pm
Msg #485974

The first time I tried to access the videos and tests, I was using IE. When it appeared to freeze up, I had to enable the compatibility option of IE so it (the test) worked with a different version. Don't know what it did, but the video and test worked after that.

Reply by Jack/AL on 9/25/13 4:05pm
Msg #485976

I completed three training sessions today. Was running IE on an old laptop with Windows 98. No probs....

Reply by walthtz on 9/25/13 4:07pm
Msg #485977

I find it depends on your browser. For me, I use Chrome & IE. When using IE, I do not get errors but on Chrome I do.
On Chrome you can always run "in incognito mode". Then you do not load all the extras.
That mode is Crtl Shift N.
IE has the the same, but there it is call "in private browsing".
Hope that helps.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 9/25/13 4:15pm
Msg #485980

I quit - I concede defeat - I've been at this for 3 hours

today - and I don't know how long yesterday - nothing.

Not worth the grief for a company that calls me maybe once every 2-3 months.

Reply by janCA on 9/25/13 5:43pm
Msg #485988

Use a friend's computer. n/m

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 9/25/13 5:59pm
Msg #485991

Not an option here Jan. n/m

Reply by Darlin_AL on 9/25/13 6:16pm
Msg #485996

Linda, some time ago I think an option was to call

TS and take the training via phone? The TS person would read you the script, I guess. This was way at the first ones they sent. Have you sent an email to the vendor-wranglers group?

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 9/25/13 10:12pm
Msg #486017

Re: Linda, some time ago I think an option was to call

I was having the same problems..I emailed TS several times and not a single reply. Finally my husband called and he was told to use a different computer..We used the Ipad and have not have a problem since..But Im starting to wonder..

When will this training end?? I have not been getting many calls from TS and if I am they are overnighting the docs and the fees are lowered..I am supposed to be one of their Elite notaries..sure I am..its getting a little annoying with all of their training..I am certified here and there and everywhere..shouldnt that be enough??
My turn to vent

Reply by JimAZ on 9/25/13 10:34pm
Msg #486020

They don't want seasoned notary signing professionals. They want computer geeks.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 9/26/13 9:40am
Msg #486037

Head from someone today (thank you Scott)

THEY have a glitch with compatibility with Windows XP...

Odd - worked with Windows XP last week - not this week.

This is just me whining and venting my frustration with this whole thing, but wouldn't you think if you're going to REQUIRE training you'd make sure your training modules are compatible with pretty much any modern operating system? <<mutter>> Windows XP is not so outdated that it shouldn't work...IMO but what do I know.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 9/26/13 9:48am
Msg #486040

Head? Heard.....ugh :) n/m

Reply by Yowheelz on 9/26/13 10:33am
Msg #486049

Make sure you hit continue after taking test

Don't just log off after taking the test, make sure you hit continue, then acknowledge that you have completed test.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 9/26/13 10:57am
Msg #486051

FINALLY!! Scott got me squared away and I'm done!!

jeez - apparently you need IE8 WITH MSN & Bing to get it running...

Thank you Scott...and all who helped me along.. Smile

Reply by anotaryinva on 9/26/13 1:44pm
Msg #486107

and I'm done!! LOL doubt it!

Every time I do one another one gets sent! I think this might have to do with the new lending regulations that companies provide ongoing training for their employees or vendors so it wouldn't surprise me if other companies start sending these out as well.

Reply by Darlin_AL on 9/26/13 8:07pm
Msg #486179

Linda, there's m o r e--hope you took notes on how to! n/m

Reply by 101livescan on 9/26/13 11:21am
Msg #486058

Before I was experiencing yahoo problems, I was having difficulty with the training modules. Finally, I learned more about my PC and configuration issues, than I learned in the training modules, but necessary evil if you want to work for TSI.

TSI must be having a lot of issues with newbies in the field. These are such basic aptitudes, but oh well...

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.