Notary Rotary
Receiving Full Payment For A No-Sign Or No-Show
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2013 Index

Posted by PegiT_MN on 9/5/13 10:01am
Msg #483284

That is correct.....every time you go to a borrower's home and it turns out to be a no-sign, or you go to a signing and the borrowers don't show up, you should still demand your full fee.....and get it......a simple print/trip fee is not acceptable. Don't use this when no docs ever come though......that I would never do.

Over the past three years I have never not been paid for a no-sign/no-show. Title companies and signing companies want to throw you the print/trip fee and I let them know that I was hired to do a job, I printed out two sets of documents, I went to the closing, I presented the documents to the borrower and it is not my fault that they decided not to sign.....or in the case of a no-show......it's not my fault that the borrowers decided not to show up for an appointment that they knew full well they had.

Make sure you let the hiring party know that you were hired to do the job and you fulfilled your obligation to them and you deserve to be paid your full fee. You very well could have turned down business for this appointment and let them know in a professional manner why you deserve to receive your full payment for services rendered.

I will tell you that title companies and signing companies are usually very kind about it when you present yourself professionally and let them know that it is not the dollar amount, but the principal of the matter, and that the lender is the one that made the error and they can afford to pay this extra money.

Good luck.

Reply by sueharke on 9/5/13 2:58pm
Msg #483321

I like the idea of other notaries that send a confirmation to the SS confirmation stating that full fee will be paid in the event of no sign when you are at the borrowers location, no show by the borrowers, borrowers use RTC to cancel loan, other. If the SS/TC does not agree, the notary may reconsider accepting the assignment.

Reply by Les_CO on 9/6/13 7:48am
Msg #483406

I’ve been doing this NSA work for a long time, and I have never NOT been paid for a no-show, no-sign or borrower rescinding. I HAVE been NOT paid several times when I did a perfectly good, correct, and meticulous job; including making sure that the signing package received timely, working for deadbeats doesn’t pay. Be careful who you work with.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.