Notary Rotary
Service Link Text Messages
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2013 Index

Posted by Rita Adu on 9/3/13 11:02am
Msg #483030

I've been getting these regularly lately. I've declined them all b/c it appears that the fee is a standard "$85.00" which is significantly less than I normally charge them or any other company. If I accept the signing, does this also mean that I have accepted the fee? Thanks.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 9/3/13 11:14am
Msg #483031

I questioned this & received following response on 8/6/13:

"You will receive closing request according to your preference, if you receive phone call and do not want to sign up for either text or CTI, you will continue getting calls. You still can make changes in fees if necessary calling the assigned personnel. I hope I answer your questions. Thank you!"

Per their response, it appears we can still request additional fee(s) for additional service(s) -- i.e. longer distance. However, don't know if they'll entertain higher base fee. This, of course, is just my opinion and I may have interpreted their response incorrectly.

Reply by HSH/WA on 9/3/13 12:22pm
Msg #483037

Re: I never respond to those because

I always thought a "yes" meant you accepted the lower fee. They used to be my number 2 SS in volume and now I only get one or two closings a month from them and I am the 18th +/- NSA they've called due to the gap between what fee they want to pay and what I will accept.

Reply by notary/OR on 9/3/13 2:48pm
Msg #483046

It means you have accepted the fee as your base fee. If they are sending you e-docs then you will get a new confirmation from the closing person with the e-doc fee added.

Reply by ToniK on 9/3/13 3:19pm
Msg #483052

Explains why

I have signed up for text messages but I have yet to receive one. My base pay is over $125 and they used to be Number #1 for me but now I only get calls like once a month. Someone must be taking them for real cheap in my area.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 9/3/13 3:42pm
Msg #483054

Same here, ToniK.

In fact, got a call from them today for signing location 68 miles away (one-way) for a week from today. Even had scheduler googlemap it for me as I was at the blood bank. He read me mileage and driving time. I quoted fee and he "would have to get it approved and if approved would call right back." That was 2 hours ago. Guess he found someone less pricey or he figures he still has shopping around time. Oh well .......

Reply by ToniK on 9/3/13 3:51pm
Msg #483055

Re: Same here, ToniK.

I usually get the far away ones. Thats wht they call me for. I get maybe a local one every 3-4 months but I used to get all the time for far away ones and they would always pay my quoted fee no questions asked. But a local signing...Uh I gotta get that approved. lol

Matter of fact they called me last week to do a signing for tomorrow. I have not received the confirmation. I guess they did find someone cheaper. BTW I finally got paid for the closing from May....now Im waiting for the no sign from June (invoiced twice, no check yet)

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.