Notary Rotary
Surprise GNW
Notary Discussion History

Surprise GNW
Go Back to September, 2013 Index

Posted by Robert522TX on 9/6/13 7:59pm
Msg #483549

Surprise GNW

I was just leaving the grocery store a little while ago, when I received a phone call from a Forth Worth number asking me if I could please come to the local hospital very quickly.
So, I arrived within 20 minutes...turns out it's for a young lady giving up her new born baby for adoption. Had to notarize a couple of forms tonight, and will meet with them Sunday morning to finish signing the rest of the required paperwork.
This is my first time to be involved in this situation; didn't know what it was going to be until I got there, was afraid it was going to be something with someone who was very ill.

Reply by Sandra G Holland on 9/6/13 8:55pm
Msg #483556

That's nice, Robert. Once when I notarized papers for an adoption, the family said, "Now, let's have a group photo." I said I'd take the picture for them. They said, "Oh, no! You are in the picture."

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 9/6/13 9:56pm
Msg #483563

I notarized some adoption papers for a pastor and his wife they were so happy to finally have a little one of their own!

Reply by Jana Miller on 9/6/13 10:30pm
Msg #483566

Maybe me being a mother I would have cried my eyes out... Just so sad to be in that situation to give your own child up. Maybe for the best but the best is with the mother but I guess sometimes it doesn't work out that way.

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 9/6/13 11:04pm
Msg #483569

No need to cry Jana. she is doing what she feels is best

for the child (and her too)! I say God Bless her for doing what she feels is best. It's not up to us to second guess her.

Reply by Jana Miller on 9/6/13 11:17pm
Msg #483571

Re: No need to cry Jana. she is doing what she feels is best

Yep God Bless her is right. I'm sure the new family is awesome. Smile TY

Reply by Robert522TX on 9/7/13 1:22am
Msg #483573

Re: No need to cry Jana. she is doing what she feels is best

She didn't seem sad or upset, and that surprised me. I just figured she must have made her peace with it.

Reply by Christine/OK on 9/7/13 4:15am
Msg #483575

What a blessing and show of God's love. :D n/m

Reply by CJ on 9/7/13 8:55am
Msg #483583

I met a young woman who gave up her baby.

I said I was so sorry. She said, "Everybody won. The baby has a good home, the couple has a new baby, I can go back to school."

Reply by rolomia on 9/9/13 6:19pm
Msg #483831

Re: What a blessing and show of God's love. :D

I was adopted at birth. I was raised by loving parents who loved me as their own. My adoptive mother passed away when I was 12. My adoptive father is still alive, but with many health issues. I call him Dad. He's been married to his current wife (my stepmother) for 29 yrs. & 11 mos. I call her Mom. Adoption usually works out for the best. I still would have preferred that my biological mother had kept me, only b/c I believe that any problem can be overcome with cooperation, teamwork, faith, trust in God and endless love (hope). Bravo to the young lady for giving up her baby for adoption. I always prefer to hear that over the other choice that is sometimes sadly made, in such a situation. JMHO

Reply by MonicaFL on 9/7/13 8:48pm
Msg #483674

I have three adopted children - a son and twin girls. We felt so very very very blessed and still do. I now have three grandchildren and one great grandson. (I said "I" because my dear husband died 32 years ago when our son was 14 and the twins were 12). What a wonderful world this is and God made it all happen.

Reply by Christine/OK on 9/8/13 3:40pm
Msg #483698

Monica - you are a treasure & truly Blessed! :D n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.