Notary Rotary
TOD Transfer On Death
Notary Discussion History

TOD Transfer On Death
Go Back to September, 2013 Index

Posted by biglee/Ca on 9/16/13 4:54pm
Msg #484809

TOD Transfer On Death

I'm doing a signing tomorrow at BOA a transfer of death, has anyone completed one and anything I should know.

Thanks

Reply by Jana Miller on 9/16/13 9:25pm
Msg #484820

Just from my experience, California doesn't allow those having to do with real estate, but with Stock/bank/security accounts they do. It is just to avoid any type of probate with the courts. Its the same concept as the DMV "transfer without Probate" form. We did TOD's for certain clients in the law firm I was at for stock accounts. California makes to much money in the courts to allow avoiding probate on real estate. Smile
Really nothing special as far as notarizing IMO - some forms are notarized for some companies and some are not. Smile

I don't hear those very often.. or maybe because I'm out of the law field I'm not paying attention. lol.

Reply by Clem/CA on 9/17/13 10:40am
Msg #484857

"I'm doing a signing tomorrow at BOA a transfer of death". Please don't transfer the death to me!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.