Notary Rotary
The dirtiest house
Notary Discussion History

The dirtiest house
Go Back to September, 2013 Index

Posted by Buddy Young on 9/9/13 3:56pm
Msg #483793

The dirtiest house

Sometimes we share stories about peoples filthy homes and wonder, how could they ever live like that. Sometimes there is a a reason.

I entered the dirtiest house ever on friday and it looked like the owner had cats. There was cat hair everywhere ( clumps of it ) on the couch, on the love seat, on the carpet. There were a coulple of places where a cat had thrown up and someone had cleaned it up but the carpet needed shampoo. Dust thick on the kitchen table and on the coffee table. This house needed a good thourough cleaning. Here's the owner lounging about with a catheter strapped to his leg,and in his underware.

Monday was cleaning day but I was sick and had to see the doctor. I had a regular appointment that day for my yearly. When I saw the doctor I explained what was wrong and he said" I guess the yearly is put on the back burner " He examined me and ordered blood tests and xrays, sent me home and an hour later called me and said they were waiting for me at the hospital, That was three weeks ago. I was met my a surgeon and she explained that my appendix had burst and I had a tear down there. Within an hour they did surgury on me and I had a belly full of puss and was in ICU for over a week. The doctor told me that I was lucky "people come in here with what you had and don't make it "

I can't do it as I am too week so I guess I need to get the phone book out and find some one to clean my house.. Yes the dirtiest house is mine.

This probably belongs in leasure, if it does sue me.

Reply by Bear900/CA on 9/9/13 4:39pm
Msg #483797

Nothing leisure about that! Hope you get better.

At first glance "catheter strapped to his leg" appeared to me as 'cat tether'.

The kink factor was soaring and I almost coughed up a fur ball.

Hope that puts on a smile...

Reply by Darlin_AL on 9/9/13 4:45pm
Msg #483798

Re: The dirtiest house....not

ok, so what's my excuse? Glad you made it in time to get saved back to the world (hope you don't change your mind). My husband has had similar & extensive medical drama escapades. The only saving thing about the dang ##!!XX bag is you can rest & drive for extended times (in my opinion). I thought at first you were going to say the owner had cataracts--there's a joy for bad vision of not seeing the dirt, bugs, other cars, etc. Maybe instead of Liesure we could have "Trauma".

Reply by Teresa/FL on 9/9/13 4:46pm
Msg #483799

"Trauma" LOL n/m

Reply by Christine/OK on 9/9/13 6:45pm
Msg #483835

Glad you're feeling better, Buddy, & happy you're lucky! n/m

Reply by apsnltch on 9/9/13 7:39pm
Msg #483842

Re: Glad you're feeling better, Buddy, & happy you're lucky!

What??? This sounds like my house. I haven't been sick, Just lazy when not busy....and the older I get the lazier I get or the less I care (Not sure which).....When you get to feeling real good again and get your place cleaned up you can come clean my place....too funny!!!

Reply by 101livescan on 9/10/13 8:25am
Msg #483908

Glad you're feeling better, Buddy!

For any on who begins to have abdominal pain, don't take this lightly. The same thing happened to my sister two years ago, her appendix broke, she thought she had the flu. She ended up with gangrene and even a year later had to return to surgery for corrective surgery.

Appendix have a lot of poison in them and when the poison begins to circulate through the blood stream and every other organ, it can be fatal.

My sister is alive, thank God. We're all amazed that it happened so fast. We had no idea, and when you live in a little town like Ojai, CA, you don't always have the best medical consultation/resources.

Buddy, take care of yourself, and glad you "gave up those cig's"! I'm pretty sure this even scared the begebies out of you. Wellness is key at this stage of our lives.

Call Merry Maids, they can do a great job for you while you watch. The dust and cob webs will be there when you feel up to it if you don't want to have strangers in your home.

Glad you're getting better, Buddy!

Reply by jba/fl on 9/10/13 8:57am
Msg #483918

Not going to sue you, don't much care where I find some things. Glad you are on the mend.

One tip: take off your glasses, you won't notice things so easily. As my mother used to say: mistakes are only seen in the first 3 feet - (which really applies to crafting work) so sit further away from the perceived mess.

Recovery first!

Reply by CJ on 9/10/13 9:15am
Msg #483921

If you are struggling to take care of yourself and the house, it's too hard to take care of pets too. Cats are nice company, but they are causing a lot of the mess. I think you should get rid of them. Then, when you clean something, it will stay clean.

Reply by jba/fl on 9/10/13 10:00am
Msg #483932

OMG - thems fighting words, CJ.... get rid of family? n/m

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 9/10/13 10:05am
Msg #483935

Those cats are probably the best therapy he'll ever find n/m

Reply by apsnltch on 9/10/13 10:06am
Msg #483936

Re: OMG - thems fighting words, CJ.... get rid of family?

What??? Get Rid of our Cat's...Would you get rid of your kids because they spilled their bowl of cereal in the morning...???
We were gone for three days one time when my significant other had knee surgery...the cats were ready to get out of the house for a little while by the time we got back.....Oh but wait....Buddy, our one cat noticed dad walking with a walker and struggling to get into the house...OH NO something is wrong with dad. Back into the house immediately and never left dad's side for days....Buds forever.....

Reply by Bear900/CA on 9/10/13 10:18am
Msg #483940

Kill the Kitty!

That's the game me and the orange tabby who adopted us enjoy playing.

I would say the odds are about 50-50 who wins.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 9/10/13 10:49am
Msg #483949

Bear, if your cat is like my 4?

Odds are 90-10 who wins- and my money's on the cat!! Smile

Reply by Bear900/CA on 9/10/13 11:17am
Msg #483954

He's more like a 480

That's cop code for felony Hit and Run with Great Bodiliy Injury. None of this rolling on his back biting my arm stuff. He's devious!

Makes him the best hunter and personality cat in the neighborhood.

I won't give away my tactics but they're somewhere in the felony range too I'm sure.

He's an outdoor cat. Only ran in twice, panicked and ran back out. That was after scratching up two patio screen doors 3 years ago and thus creation of the game.

Wife and I finally re-screened the doors just two days ago! He eyed the mesh with great cunning.

In exchange for his hunting prowess and good sportsmanship, I caved and built him a $200 cathouse last winter. He won that round!

He won't touch the screen door of death anymore but doesn't mind standing in front of it at 5:00 in the morning letting his presence known. Let the games begin!

Reply by Darlin_AL on 9/10/13 5:26pm
Msg #484052

CJ-I'm nominating you for heartless of the year award n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.