Notary Rotary
Title Source App
Notary Discussion History

Title Source App
Go Back to September, 2013 Index

Posted by ME/NJ on 9/4/13 9:03pm
Msg #483239

Title Source App

After my long talk with a rep at Title Source tonight this app will kill me, in the last two days I lost out on 6 appointments. The rep said someone in less then a minute clicked ok in my area, they know the person had no time to check there schedule at all. They rolled it out in MI, NC and Parts of NJ. All Quicken deals will go through the app at this time.

After our talk I know what to do, notaries from MI and NC have complained about loss of business and being highly rated gives you a 20 minute advantage before the appointment is sent to next level, but being booked in less then a minute why bother.

So if you don't have your phone duct taped to your hand and visible at all time with a finger ready to push watch out. I got a total of 8 alerts in two days and only got 2.

Reply by zebbienc on 9/4/13 9:42pm
Msg #483246

My last signing with Title Source was on 8/16 before the app was in place..I have tried diligently to get someone at Title Source to respond to my requests for assistance...The app is downloaded but I haven't had one signing...I don't even know if it's working...Will you please give me the name of the person you talked with at Title Source? This is truly frustrating...I haven't even had any alerts which is very strange for me based on previous volume...Thanks for any contacts you can give me.

Reply by ME/NJ on 9/4/13 9:46pm
Msg #483247

When you click on app, after login does it show schedule? That is all it will show. The alerts show on my top bar, when something shows up. App works just no alert noise all you see is the TS logo and touch it two things will happen appointment date and time will show up and click on it or it takes you to your schedule (to late it was booked)

Reply by zebbienc on 9/4/13 9:54pm
Msg #483248

When I click on app there is nothing on my schedule. I thought you would receive a bing when an assignment came in...There is no way I can look at my phone all day to look for alerts on my top bar....I haven't had any new assignments come thru on the app...none at all....Thanks

Reply by zebbienc on 9/4/13 9:56pm
Msg #483249

me again...i really think i'm having a problem but can't get title source to help me...i think i'm losing business also.....

Reply by JPH13/MO on 9/4/13 10:21pm
Msg #483252

may not bother to get a smart phone then

All my main companies call me, so I haven't needed one enough to buy one. I was going to buy one since TS was wanting us to have them and they are my 2nd biggest provider of signings, but with the major competition in my area I doubt I could ever be the first to click to get a job. Sigh.

Reply by HSH/WA on 9/4/13 10:46pm
Msg #483256

Re: I have not wanted to respond to

text or other kind of alerts because I will lose out due to not wanting to sign for less than $XXX and I know there are many who will take it for less. Once the SS/TCs get us responding to cattle calls and competing against imaginary foes beating them out in mere seconds because we were a split hair quicker - fees will drop like a lead ball. We will be stumbling over each other to get a closing at a fraction of the old fees while slapping ourselves on our backs the whole time.

Reply by Belinda/CA on 9/4/13 10:47pm
Msg #483257

Chuckle chuckle n/m

Reply by notaryKing on 9/4/13 11:40pm
Msg #483261

Re: Chuckle chuckle

Someone tell me how you got the app? It's not in the app store, and I called Title Source today and asked them how to get the app and the girl said they had no app.

Reply by ME/NJ on 9/5/13 9:40am
Msg #483277

Re: Chuckle chuckle

Did you read my first post.. Only in MI, NC, and parts of NJ. Even the TS schedulers did not know it was released in NJ yet.

TS will send you a link to the app when they are ready, right now it is in beta test.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 9/5/13 3:15pm
Msg #483324

All TS is sending me is new training modules to complete!

Seems like every day a new training module is assigned! Just a head's up - take notes during the training on the order they want you present the HUD, as it's a test question. Also, one of the test questions was not covered in the training - "The HUD is the most frequently mis-signed document - true/false". I answered true and got it right, but I don't remember them addressing that in the training.

Reply by Darlin_AL on 9/6/13 10:18am
Msg #483427

Copperhead, same here. HUD problem was in intro dialogue?

Same here re:training only. Apparently, signing agents in huge numbers are not even learning about the HUD pages--and/or just looking at the form where it either says Borrower Signature or the individual's name. My guess & hope is they'll go away due to lack of business because such mistakes by them occur and re-occur. BUT, a few weeks ago, I pointed to the black X where it says "sign here", and had a "Sign" tab--the guy signed on the line above!! Cripes. They were amazed I knew EXACTLY where to find the copy in their pkg & swapped them.

Reply by Lee/AR on 9/5/13 6:47am
Msg #483266

Agree w/HSH/WA

Totally. Y'all are gonna be in this race to get the signing and taking less & less. Just got a TS 'call' & the Quicken signing for $125...they met 'my fee'. We are NOT cattle.

Reply by snowflake/PA on 9/5/13 9:27am
Msg #483275

Re: Agree w/HSH/WA

Don't want the app. Just pick up the phone and call me. Too many variables involved in the "cattle call" and I need to price accordingly; i.e. distance, lender package, how many signers, fax backs, etc.

Reply by ME/NJ on 9/5/13 9:38am
Msg #483276

Re: Agree w/HSH/WA

Welcome to future tech of larger companies, cost cutting on both sides. Companies can now cut down on schedulers, phone line cost which in turn increase in profit. There are more notaries then you can shake a stick at and with slow down the chances are harder to come by.

I am not saying I like this, and we all have a choice on how to run our business. For me I need to do a big volume to keep things open full time if I don't make $x dollars each month I will turn to something else and do this pt again or not at all as in 2009. For some of us that don't have many people in the area or in a rural area I bet you can get your price almost all the time but volume is a lot less.

The tech is out there and companies are working on a instant process only a matter of short time.

Just keep an eye on future tech, don't be the last one on the train when work dries up.

Reply by ME/NJ on 9/5/13 9:47am
Msg #483280

Soon even India call centers will "downsized" lol n/m

Reply by Jennifer Title Source on 9/6/13 4:34pm
Msg #483504

Hi zebbienc,
We apologize for any frustration that you're experiencing with the app. You can always reach out to [e-mail address] or call our hotline at 888.784.2523 and a Title Source representative would be happy to assist you.

Reply by Teri_PA on 9/6/13 6:42pm
Msg #483533

I am in Northern NJ and it rolled out here today. What frustration since I didn't know it was coming! First two, I totally missed. The next one, I pulled over to check and someone rear ended me. Next one, I declined. Next one, I hit yes, by the time I answered on are you sure, it said it was full. I responded on that one absolutely immediately! It was filled in 30 seconds!
At this rate, I can say that my Title Source business is done. I cannot drive and handle this...Northern NJ traffic is a nightmare...NYC suburbs...and I could barely answer the phone before.
This is dangerous and frustrating. I reached out to the Mobile app team on TS but had no answer. I guess one accident due to this app isn't worth commenting on.
I usually do 1-2 TS loans a day...so losing this, does hurt me...particularly in light of the loss of so much other business...
Not much we can do...but wait it out...and move on ...

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.