Notary Rotary
Title Star/ Vinson Mtg Group/American Title Grp- Missouri-
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2013 Index

Posted by Michele/MD on 9/6/13 5:41pm
Msg #483521

BEWARE!!!! Accepted a closing in good faith after researched turned up nothing on the company. After docs were printed they refused to send a return label and then advised that the fee they quoted covered me for paying for the borrower's shipping. WOW! Hope this is not a new trend.

Reply by desktopfull on 9/6/13 5:52pm
Msg #483525

They provide shipping label or account number for shipper or

they don't get their docs period. These are all low pay companies to begin with and they think it's going to cover a $25.00 to $35.00 overnight shipping fee too, not hardly. Don't mind running their docs through the paper shredder at all for more mulch for the flower beds. They can explain to the borrower why they need to re-sign. Especially since the borrower is charged on the HUD for the shipping fees.

Reply by Michele/MD on 9/6/13 6:00pm
Msg #483527

Re: They provide shipping label or account number for shipper or

Oh and then they want to call me back and argue saying that is what I agreed to. What ever happened to good old fashioned "Honesty"?

Reply by desktopfull on 9/6/13 6:13pm
Msg #483528

Re: They provide shipping label or account number for shipper or

Did they put that part of the agreement on the confirmation in a #2 font that requires a microscope to read? I'd tell them to provide an account number or get someone to go back and re-sign the docs. You may be taking a hit on the closing, but they will be too if they have to re-sign the docs. If they won't pay you for the closing let them know you will report them to the regulatory boards in their states, as well as, your own. Post this in "Signing Central" too, so others know how these company's treat signing agents. You don't need to work for companies like that anyway, way to many out there that won't rip you off.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.