Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Update on Title Source Mobile App - Nationwide Soon!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2013 Index

Posted by JPH13/MO on 9/11/13 2:13pm
Msg #484207

I emailed asking when it would hit MO/KS as I need to buy a smart phone before it happens. Anyone wanting to continue to do Quicken loans thru TS will need a smart phone, and need to keep a very close eye on it as mentioned in previous postings. I sure hope that once this starts I can reply quickly enough, at least once in a while! (Sigh) Here was there very quick reply to my email (I left off the name of the person and their title, since I didn't ask if I could post this information but think everyone should know):

Hello,

Today, apple just announced a new line-up of iPhones. If you are planning to get a new phone, you should wait until after September 20th when the new line-up is released. The Apple 4S (the model that came out in 2011) will be completely free on a new contract or upgrade. Also, they will have an iPhone 5C which will be priced as low as $99 on a new contract or upgrade.

iPhone is the most user friendly smart phone and if you do not have much experience with smart phones, you will find that it is fairly easy to learn all the basic functions on an iPhone.

The mobile app is expected to be available nationwide toward the end of this month or some time next month so this will be a great time and opportunity to purchase a new phone.

Title Source, Inc.

Reply by ME/NJ on 9/11/13 2:28pm
Msg #484215

I've gotten better at it this week, lost only 1 and declined 2. Did have to take appointments during one of there signings.

If you want the Quicken work it will only go through the app now. Hey one appointment had a whole 2 minutes and still took it..( It shows time and counts how long before you press the button.

Reply by Laurily on 9/11/13 2:33pm
Msg #484217

I get text messages now for signings from other title companies-and yes I keep my phone with me EVERYWHERE I go..its never not near or in my hands....this is the way its going and we have to adjust to it...I always kept my cell near me even before they went to text message because I didn't want to miss the call its no different with a text-hence yes if your driving -well there just not anything you can do about it unless your car supports blue tooth texting...

Reply by Jack/AL on 9/11/13 2:37pm
Msg #484222

Many TCs an SSs tell us to NOT accept phone calls, or even have our phones turned on and with us, during signings. It seems that now we're beginning to face the necessity of taking calls during signings. Otherwise, we'll miss out on a lot of business from some of the best companies. Am I missing something?

Reply by Lee/AR on 9/11/13 2:35pm
Msg #484218

Sigh~~lack of reliable connectivity in my area makes this

app pretty much worthless to me.

Reply by ME/NJ on 9/11/13 2:37pm
Msg #484221

One good thing about app, no more 3rd party vendors.

They won't need them anymore.

Reply by Darlin_AL on 9/11/13 4:02pm
Msg #484243

Ah-ha! Sonalight Text by voice app for android...

we are all saved!!! I just loaded it & it will do the job via Bluetooth or read you any incoming texts if you set it to. There's surely one for apple. When it reads the incoming text it will wait for a response from you.....and to think I was the last person in earth to get a smartphone.

Reply by JENNY/TX on 9/11/13 4:18pm
Msg #484250

Re: Ah-ha! Sonalight Text by voice app for android...

Just down loaded this app. I hope it really works.

Thank you so much for sharing.

Reply by Kathy/NJ on 9/11/13 6:45pm
Msg #484280

Is there something for iphone? I tried Sonalight, but only seems to be for Android.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 9/11/13 9:22pm
Msg #484291

Warning for driving and texting

While researching the Sonalight Text to Voice app, I ran across this article. Thought I'd share.

http://mashable.com/2013/04/23/voice-to-text-driving/

Please, everyone, be careful while driving ... if not for yourself, think of your loved ones and the loved ones of others. Texting while driving accidents happen to everyone; not just teenagers.

Reply by Linda_in_MI on 9/12/13 6:06am
Msg #484323

check your samsung--it may have this

My Galaxy III has what is called "Driving" mode. It announces who has just sent you a text (New message from Twitter, New message from Tom), or "New email received". Or phone call from ___________. Now it doesn't announce or read the entire content of a text, but at least it gives you an idea of who is behind your text alarm or email alarm. The only glitch I think is with the program is that if I have my phone paired to my vehicle via bluetooth, the announcing stops. I like using this because even though I have different sounds for different things and people unless it's someone I might need to hear from sooner rather than later I can disregard all the rest.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 9/12/13 3:32pm
Msg #484393

Re: check your samsung--it may have this

Thanks, Linda in MI! Just checked my Galaxy S4 and sure enough it's there!

Next time I drive off, I'll see how it works in the car, which is paired with my phone.

Reply by TeriW/CA on 9/12/13 8:49am
Msg #484338

My Galaxy SIII has S Voice. It will read your text messages to you too.

Reply by JENNY/TX on 9/11/13 4:03pm
Msg #484244

I am techno challenged. My old flip phone was smarter than me. My daughter sent me a smart phone but I am always calling her to find out how to use it, if I can figure out how to make a call.

Is TS going to have a comparable application that can be used on my laptop? I am always on my laptop or my tablet (not while driving). I can't (by law) text while driving and wouldn't if I could. Just too DANGEROUS! I don't take my eyes off the road. I am watching out for the other guys on their phones talking or texting and weaving all over the road.

I would never be able to answer job postings while driving. As has been mentioned before, someone (i.e., TS) could be sued for accidents on the road.

Jenny

Reply by Jennifer Title Source on 9/17/13 10:11am
Msg #484852

Hi Jenny/TX,
Title Source is currently not developing a comparable application to the mobile app that can be used on your laptop.

Title Source does not want you to use the app while you are driving. If you hear an alert on your phone for a signing opportunity, please pull over and stop your vehicle. Then, you can accept or decline the opportunity safely.

I hope this helps!

Reply by Darlin_AL on 9/12/13 11:11am
Msg #484348

The Text to voice says "you have a text from..."

"do you want to hear it" there's a ping, then you respond "yes" or "ignore". When you say yes it reads it to you & asks if you want to respond? I don't know if the TS pp asks "press 1 to accept", etc?. And I am not sure if my response is "one" that this app sends a "1" that TC will recognize. Just got it last night & need to experiment w/it more. Unless somebody knows already? The app I found runs in the background or w/Bluetooth if driving. ***somebody - what TS's app asks for in response to accept/decline???

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.