Notary Rotary
What do you do?
Notary Discussion History

What do you do?
Go Back to September, 2013 Index

Posted by pat/WA on 9/4/13 2:04pm
Msg #483185

What do you do?

When you call the borrowers to reconfirm the appointment and advise them that they are to have a cashiers check ready to be picked up at the closing and they are angry and say they are not to pay anything. They are calling their loan officer but what do you do? Do you call the title company and tell them there is a problem?
This loan is not going to close unless the documents are redrawn and the fees rolled into the loan.

Reply by Lisa Cirillo on 9/4/13 2:07pm
Msg #483186

This has happened with me, I've called the SS that hired me and let them deal with it. They're usually very good at handling this, it's just a lot of back and forth on the phone until they get it ironed out. Good luck.

Reply by HSH/WA on 9/4/13 2:51pm
Msg #483188

Re: If money is due, I always tell

the BO on the confirmation call. Often they say "I was told that nothing is due." I tell them to call their LO and figure it out. I advise the SS/TC and wait for further instructions. No point in printing and driving if the money due is not going to be forthcoming. We've all seen the instructions "STOP the closing if the money isn't there." I don't even want to start the closing if there is a fair chance of not being paid.

Reply by MW/VA on 9/4/13 2:52pm
Msg #483190

Agree. It's a complete waste if they don't have the funds. n/m

Reply by Larry Wilson on 9/4/13 3:07pm
Msg #483194

Re: Agree. It's a complete waste if they don't have the funds.

I agree. I do not want to print the docs until BO agrees to the funding.
A TC declined to pay a print fee although I advised them up front that BO swore and said they told LO they had no money to bring to closing.

Reply by desktopfull on 9/4/13 3:56pm
Msg #483201

I've yet to figure out why the borrower wasn't told in the first place that funds were due at closing. Clearly shows me that the loan officer didn't do his job, that the HUD was never reviewed with the borrower and that the lender & TC don't care that we take the brunt of the rage from the irate borrower.

Reply by HSH/WA on 9/4/13 7:03pm
Msg #483226

Re: Don't be upset with me, I am

strictly the notary and have nothing to do with preparing the docs. I'd like to add "call your lazy XXX LO and ask him/her to do their job and go over these with you including the HUD1." But I don't, I just say call your LO and work it out. I do email the SS/TC so we are all on the same page and they know why it's not getting signed.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.