Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Will the announcement by Bernanke today get business moving?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2013 Index

Posted by loancloser46 on 9/18/13 5:10pm
Msg #484994

What are your thoughts? The talk about "maybe" easing off buying mortgage backed bonds is what started the downfall a few months ago. Now that is not going to happen. Do you think rates will drop and some refi business will get rolling again? I do not know what to think.....not smart enough to make an educated guess.

Reply by redd on 9/18/13 5:15pm
Msg #484997

Rates have already begun to drop. Now, if Harp3 passes as well....get ready.

Reply by PegiT_MN on 9/18/13 5:37pm
Msg #485005

I agree with redd. I believe that HARP 3 will pass.

Reply by Tim Cameron on 9/18/13 5:55pm
Msg #485009

Yes, but don't tell the Notaries that are about to quit

Reply by Robert522TX on 9/18/13 5:56pm
Msg #485010

Funny guy!! n/m

Reply by MW/VA on 9/18/13 8:18pm
Msg #485031

IMO we can't help those who are ready to throw in the towel.

I still believe Harp3 will have to pass in order to keep things moving.

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 9/18/13 9:16pm
Msg #485041

Re: IMO we can't help those who are ready to throw in the towel.

Just wondering if anyone on this board know anyone personally that is quitting the NSA field? I don't know anyone..Yet..

Reply by Juan Chioye on 9/19/13 2:51pm
Msg #485178

Re: IMO we can't help those who are ready to throw in the towel.

Im not going to mention any names but I would like to see some people quit their NSA field. Their negativity and sense of despair, and I know best attitude because I have been doing this for 15 years can go elsewhere. I just wish doom sayers would keep their doom to themselves.

Reply by 101livescan on 9/19/13 7:38am
Msg #485068

There are hoards of new notaries out there who thought this was the road to riches. Those of us who've been in this business for over a decade know the peaks and valleys of this business. We're in a valley now, how knows how long it will last. Meanwhile, the staying power of the best and the most knowledgeable will be tested. We'll start to see companies disappearing from SC as active SSs.

This business has changed a lot. It's a steep learning curve. Very few will be able to sustain themselves and move on. Just as before. There are still 100,000 fewer notaries in the state of CA than there were in 2007. That is why XYZ is peddling so hard to require their BGC be standard in the industry.

Fewer notaries to buy all their schotzkies, bond, E&O, etc.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.