Notary Rotary
Working together
Notary Discussion History

Working together
Go Back to September, 2013 Index

Posted by ZSigner/CA on 9/5/13 6:30pm
Msg #483349

Working together

I need information on how I can work within the notary signing agent community. I can work well with others. I need tips on how to get started.

Thanks in advance.

Reply by Malbrough_LA on 9/5/13 10:15pm
Msg #483383

I'm confused on what you're asking. You need help navigating

this site in particular? You need help knowing how to be a notary? If it's this site, there's a help/faq button at the bottom. If it's getting started, pack a lunch, use the Search button (I suggest the term 'newbie' as someone else flagged a very informative post though I can't recall which and won't research it).

If it's getting along "within the notary signing agent community" (I confess I'm not even certain what that is), we don't exactly sing Kumbaya while holding hands here and lauding praises upon each other.

We post. We read. We absorb. We learn. Oh and we get knocked down occasionally...but we pull ourselves back up by our bootstraps. And every now and then I pop popcorn for the community. /popcorn

Reply by Jana Miller on 9/5/13 10:54pm
Msg #483385

I want popcorn

....I do...
You explained it perfectly BTW.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 9/6/13 9:52am
Msg #483422

Need clarification ...

ZSigner. As Ryan stated, what exactly are you asking for?

First of all, how long have you been a notary? Then, how long have you been a signing agent? Where are you located? You say you work well with others. You do realize you are now self-employed ... right? If not, and you are looking for a job, you might consider applying directly with the hiring entities for a 9-5. If, on the other hand, you do realize you're self-employed, you might consider doing some research with SCORE or SBA for some guidance. This latter is just to get you started.

Out of curiosity, how did you come to Notary Rotary? This is the BEST notary forum anywhere. If you want to learn, read here every day. Start with message #1 and work your way forward. There is a LOT of information here and a LOT of experience here. Most of us are willing to help anyone, provided that person attempts to help him/herself first. Do your research first before asking the forum. We can be direct. Sometimes, that comes across as harsh.

Welcome and good luck! Smile

Reply by sueharke on 9/6/13 10:57am
Msg #483436

Re: Need clarification ...

Score I for Yoli/CA as she recommended my favorite place - SBA and SCORE for new business owners.

I recently had great feedback of this advise I gave a few years ago. The lady is not a notary but is 80 with a very sharp mind who runs a printing consultant business. She asked for help. I looked at what she did and how much income she had. I sent her to SBA and SCORE with the comment that she had the ability to stop paying high fees for services she did not need.

Her feedback was that she has finally understood what I meant when I said to do what you do best and subcontract what services you need. The skills she learned at SBA and SCORE are to teach her how to know when subcontractors are doing their job correctly and not stealing from her.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.