$50 for a sellers package

No thanks!

Reply by PegiT_MN on 9/30/13 6:05pm
Msg #486535

$20 for an electronic I-9 signing

No thanks for that either!

Reply by Brenda/FL on 9/30/13 6:06pm
Msg #486536

I was offered $35.00 and I said no, so she said "Well, the highest I can go is $50.00" and I said no. She was shocked! lol.."Only a seller's package", whatever.

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 9/30/13 6:19pm
Msg #486537

No way! Turned down an inspection request today -they wanted 40-60 photos of a property not far from me and an environmental report - where they met my fee -AND instructions say payment 30+ days

Then a call comes in: private seller wants a subordination agreement signed/notarized at the home of an elderly house-bound lady in Oakton (Ok, $75). I ask caller was he planning to be there (No.); Is signer paying me? (No, I don't want her to pay). "Well, you'll need to be there, too or arrange to reimburse her." I asked him where he works (since he offered to pay in advance) so I could see if it's on the way. He says he doesn't have a fixed location, "works all over." OK, "where is 'all over' tomorrow morning"? (Fairfax, Great Falls).

Me: Perfect, you'll be close to where you want me to be

He wants asap; I tell him I'll call him back after checking my schedule. Call him back about 15 min. later and no answer. Redial, left msg.

Waste my time? Not going to happen. Slow market, fast market, under-served, saturated . . . but not indebted to go for broke at the hands of jokers and their shenanigans

Reply by ikando on 9/30/13 6:26pm
Msg #486539

Re: Subordination Agreement

Michelle, your situation is when having some way to take credit cards is really handy. I would have been able to ask for his credit card number, and associated info, which I could input to my Square program for the charges. I usually let the payer know I won't charge until I've finished the job and will send a receipt when I run it. It's helped me get a few jobs that may have not been possible without the capability.

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 9/30/13 6:29pm
Msg #486541

Like :) n/m

Reply by Alz on 9/30/13 6:48pm
Msg #486546

I did one today for one of my

#1 TC clients, as they normally pay me XXX for the same type of signings, but the EO is out of the office this week and needed a favor.

It was not an issue because on several occasions the same EO would ask me to bill for an additional $50 when the signer proves to be a bit difficult. Secondly, documents are always waiting for me in the conference room, meaning signings is always conducted at their office.

I realize that this may not fit some of the business models out there, but it works for me.

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 9/30/13 7:02pm
Msg #486548

Give a little, win a little

It's good to be adaptable. There ARE good companies out there who value what we do. I had a seller signing on the 25th ($xxx) and just got TC email saying invoice received, disbursement Oct 1! Why is this so hard for some?

Reply by AngelTX on 9/30/13 8:16pm
Msg #486552

Re: Give a little, win a little

i tell them no thank you, when in my mind i am thinking no you are not going to use me so you can get rich, me drive all over town, taking my life and putting it on the line i dont get smashed, print the docs, with my printer, my toner and my paper that i buy and dont steal from my boss, and then sit with these people and drop the package, i would like to say take this job and shove it, and do it yourself if it is such a great deal!!!!!

Reply by HSH/WA on 9/30/13 11:39pm
Msg #486557

Re: I was getting several offers weekly to

sign up HELOCs, only 40 pages, 2 or 3 notarizations, full fax back for $50. It is a smaller package, takes less time with the BO, but still has all the confirming, printing, driving, meeting, fax back, drop at FedEx elements that any loan has. It may be worth something less, especially since most of us are hungry, but it is worth more than $50.

Reply by jba/fl on 10/1/13 8:31am
Msg #486570

Re: I was getting several offers weekly to

Not so many years ago I was getting over $1xx for these, why do I want to go back to the 60's? Been there, done that. It was not as happy as we think. Going back in time is only for the grandkids.

JMNSHO

Reply by 101livescan on 10/1/13 9:23am
Msg #486591

Re: Give a little, win a little

Couldn't have described this any better myself!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.