Notary Rotary
"Single Document Signing"
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2013 Index

Posted by Erwin/CA on 9/7/13 10:34am
Msg #483592

Got a call for a "Single Document Signing" from an SS. When I got the "document" it was 26 pages and contained seven documents with three requiring notarizations. Asked why they said a single document and they said that any signing under 30 pages is considered a single document signing. My reply was silly me for assuming that single document signing ment a single document. They did raise the amount they paid me, but I thought this was strange.
Erwin

Reply by Lee/AR on 9/7/13 10:59am
Msg #483594

And if it had been 45 pages, they'd tell you anything under 50... The devil is in the details.

Reply by Notarysigner on 9/7/13 11:17am
Msg #483597

A PLAY ON WORDS you thought single page, they thought stupid notary. What else was you suppose to do (don't answer that) when you got the Docs?

Reply by LKT/CA on 9/7/13 11:36am
Msg #483601

I always say while negotiating the deal, make it clear to the scheduler that the fee I quote is for the job discussed. I repeat back to him/her what they say, i.e. "Single doc signing.....ONE page doc signing". If the actual email docs I receive is different than what is discussed, I will call back to renegotiate the fee.

You have to ask questions during the negotiation OR....you have to say something like, "To quickly review the details of this job you're offering, it's a single doc signing - meaning ONE page and or ONE notarization, is that correct?"

Reply by Yoli/CA on 9/7/13 11:49am
Msg #483602

As LKT/CA says, ask questions. Get answers (and clarification, if needed). Don't assume. And, let them know that the fee you've agreed to is for (and here itemize the particulars) and anything more than or other than will require further negotiation.

Even with a loan signing package, if scheduler does not know package size, I let 'em know my quoted fee covers up to XXX pages.

That being said, it is, however, your business. If you're willing to give away your work, time and supplies (btw, this all equals money), it's certainly your right to do so. Wink

Reply by HSH/WA on 9/7/13 1:01pm
Msg #483617

Re: Obviously worded to be misleading

and get you to accept a lower fee.

Reply by Luckydog on 9/8/13 11:48am
Msg #483692

I def. would call them back and quote them a new fee. They are spewing you a line of BS apparently. 26 pages and 7 notarization's is not a single document signing, and even more then a cash closing would typically be. Don't buy into that and be a fool. Minimum would be $75.00 in my book, and even more if you had to travel far away. Most times I get $50.00 for a single page someone forgot or messed up on.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 9/8/13 6:18pm
Msg #483703

Reminds me of an old saying: people are entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts!

Reply by jba/fl on 9/8/13 10:38pm
Msg #483705

Price it, confirm it, if it is different, renegotiate it. By time - as it is time that has to be billed when it is single notarization, time and travel, plus the seal.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.