Notary Rotary
continuing VT SYRUP'S post 485175
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2013 Index

Posted by Notarysigner on 9/20/13 9:56am
Msg #485285

Why county clerks/recorder have final say when recording Docs.

This is taken from my county's website, Alameda.

" The County Recorder is the guardian of real property records for Alameda County property owners and citizens. California law governs which documents may be filed or recorded with the County Recorder. Once accepted, documents are indexed for retrieval and preserved for access by the public. Copies are made available upon payment of a copy fee. "

The key words here is " Once accepted "! For those who don't have a college education it means DO WHAT I TELL YOU OR IT WON'T BE ACCEPTED. The State does NOT record Docs.

Whether it makes sense or not, it is their rule.

Gerald, I talked to them yesterday about this because it's where I live and most of the signing I do are for this county. I will do what they say so my signing(s) will record.

Reply by Darlin_AL on 9/21/13 3:56pm
Msg #485459

no need to slam "those w/out college education"

notarysigner, that's pretty darn rude as I know gobs of folks who are extremely unable to read directions, much less follow them--who spent ever so much more time than me at college, grad-school, etc etc. Your post intimated that you are superior to people who did not attend college, and I am sure you realize that's not nice. Nowadays, we have all sorts of MA's & PH D's working for us pouring coffee, waiting tables, general maintenance--whatever they can do to bring in $ & stay afloat.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.