Notary Rotary
e-notarizations in Oregon
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2013 Index

Posted by Linda_in_MI on 9/12/13 11:47pm
Msg #484458

As I read the article and understand what it says, this IS NOT web-cam notarizations. This is notary and signer in same room, signing off on paper docs that have been uploaded to a computer.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/1463060

Reply by VT_Syrup on 9/13/13 4:37am
Msg #484467

I've looked at DocVerify, although I was not particularly impressed and didn't sign up with them. (They have a fee of about $100 to be set up as a notary, and if the client doesn't have an account with them, the notary would have to pay monthly subscription fees.) Linda in MI is right that DocVerify does not support web-cam notarizations, nor does Oregon allow them. But the signatures will be electronic signatures. The docs might start out as paper docs and be scanned, or might start out as electronic documents such as Word or PDF, but the final result will be a PDF, which will be stored by DocVerify and can be downloaded by the signer or the notary.

Also, the "article" is a press release, and does not involve any journalism on the part of Digital Journal (whoever they are). The press release does not actually say Oregon has in any way approved DocVerify, only that Oregon has approved e-notarization. I doubt that DocVerify's journal would meet Oregon's stringent requirements for electronic journals (although an Oregon notary could record e-notarizations in a paper journal).

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.