Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: What has this world come to?
Posted by Teddog/CO of CO on 8/30/07 10:55am Msg #202
Sad, Sad is'nt it. And the "powers to be" are worried about obesity in children. I too sure wish I could run like I did a wayyyy back when.

What's next ? Remember your first dog and faithful buddy. Your "best Bud" ran with you, swam, played, raced alongside your bike and heaven perish the thought, slept at the end of your bed. This is where I learned to love, care and have compassion for another living thing. Fed, watered, brushed and bathed my old friend. Shared all my thoughts and feelings with my pooch. Had my collie from age 4 until I was 20 yrs. old, still smile when I think of her.

It's pretty rare to see a kid with his/her dog. Now replaced with High Tech stuff which require no real commitment, bonding friendship or exercise. Maybe it's just me , but that's really sad. I know this is really corny to most people but it is just one of those "things" that I have noticed. JMO
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 What has this world come to? n/m -  MikeC/NY on 8/29/07 7:25pm
 Re: What has this world come to? -  MikeC/NY on 8/29/07 7:27pm
 Re: What has this world come to? -  MelissaCT on 8/30/07 10:03am
 Re: What has this world come to? - Teddog/CO on 8/30/07 10:55am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.