Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Please Explain This Talk About Trump Cutting SS & Medicare
Posted by NK_UT of UT on 1/25/20 12:12am Msg #73166
For those of you who have paid in for so many years, you should get out what you paid in. It's not fair that your generation was duped into believing that the government would keep its greedy paws off the money you paid in. And it's not fair that my generation is roped into this ponzi scheme despite having much lower social and economic mobility than previous generations.

I for one do not agree with nor want to contribute to SS/Medicare. The collection of these taxes should immediately be halted and existing sums paid out to those who paid in. That means me, you, your kids, my relatives, etc. Simply pay out what we have already paid in in a lump sum and then end this unsustainable practice. Not enough money in the public coffers to pay? Then close about half of our "intelligence" agencies, end the foreign wars, etc. In other words, cut the size of the federal government in half. Then there will be plenty of OUR money that they can pay back to US. I'll even be generous and not charge interest on the money I lent them from my income.

I don't trust the government to manage the money properly (REGARDLESS of party, so those partisans can keep the Trump-bashing to themselves on this point).

At this point, anyone who thinks we should continue and expand public benefits is willfully blind if they can't see that we are facing a sovereign debt crisis and that the government can't stop dipping into the benefits pot in order to pay for other silly pet-projects. The federal government cannot be trusted to spend OUR money responsibly and according to OUR collective Will. That is an impossible endeavor, as the Will of the People is scattered among mutually distrustful, disparate "communities", not a united people with common interests or values. Given the circumstances, it's far better that we simply keep that portion of our income and be responsible for taking care of ourselves with it.

Furthermore, I don't see why I should pay into a system that is predicted to be bankrupt long before I retire.

And as a last point, I don't feel that any portion of my income needs to go towards the healthcare of other people. I have heard a lot of people tell me why they think they deserve a portion of my income for welfare benefits, etc., and I am not convinced. I can barely afford healthcare for my own family at this point, why should I pay for other people? Especially where there are 3rd, 4th, and 5th generation welfare families soaking up the dollars that I work hard to earn. If the tap stopped flowing, many of those welfare families would have no choice but to get jobs or start businesses. And don't even get me started about all those democrat candidates raising their hands on the debate stage in favor of giving MY (our) tax dollars to illegal aliens and non-citizens in the form of government healthcare.

If we can get the obesity epidemic down to under (let's say) 3%, get prescription drug costs under control, end the vast majority of government welfare programs and consolidate only a few critical functions for the TRULY destitute, get immigration under control and end illegal immigration, end the over-taxation of small business owners in general, end the opioid crisis, return the USD to being a sovereign currency, unite the people of this nation under a common set of cultural values and get them moving in a single direction as a People, and bring the troops home from these endless foreign wars, then we'll talk.

Like that will ever happen...
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Please Explain This Talk About Trump Cutting SS & Medicare -  PegiT_MN on 1/24/20 7:32pm
 Re: Please Explain This Talk About Trump Cutting SS & Medicare - NK_UT on 1/25/20 12:12am
 Re: Please Explain This Talk About Trump Cutting SS & Medicare - SC/CA on 1/25/20 11:35am
 Re: Please Explain This Talk About Trump Cutting SS & Medicare - Luckydog on 1/25/20 11:56am
 And: - Luckydog on 1/25/20 11:58am
 Re: Please Explain This Talk About Trump Cutting SS & Medicare - jnew on 1/25/20 5:58pm
 @jnew: That's pretty much my position... - NK_UT on 1/25/20 7:20pm
 Re: Please Explain This Talk About Trump Cutting SS & Medicare - MikeC/TX on 1/26/20 6:01pm
 Thank You Mike For The Explanation. n/m -  PegiT_MN on 1/26/20 6:36pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.