Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Trump says the coronavirus is going away
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 6/28/20 5:32pm Msg #75182
This isn't about comparing one state to another. The fact is that there ARE lots of stupid (and/or ignorant) people out there. If their decisions affected no one but themselves, we could ignore them and know they'd likely end up paying for their own dumb choices. However, it doesn't work that way with this pandemic. People's decisions and resulting actions relative to COVID-19 can have a much more significant impact on others' lives than with other things in life.

You're seeing that in Florida right now, which has become one of the new hot spots of coronavirus spread. Just look at the total number of new cases on the link you posted. Florida has nearly 4 times more new cases than the next closest, which is Texas! I'd say it's pretty much right on schedule from Memorial Day activities. (Get ready for another surge after July 4th celebrations and get-togethers - anywhere that's already 'opened up'.)

BTW, I think pundits are making a bit of a mistake when they talk about the delay in results of spread. Not only can it take up to a couple of weeks for the virus' symptoms to show, the exponential growth of spread also takes time. The first several rounds of duplication take time and don't show numbers that sound too bad - until they hit 'critical mass' and suddenly appear to be explosive. That's just the way the numbers work. Unfortunately, there appear to be too many state governors who just don't get that.

Unfortunately for me, those who are managing things in my own county don't seem to get that, either. Numbers here are still fairly low (except for a couple of cities that have more densely populated, lower income areas) relative to the population, but there seems to be quite a few people who are convinced that wearing masks is for sissies or 'libs', or that breathing in some of their own CO2 will kill them, or that their rights are being infringed upon, etc. So I think there's a good possibility that we're in for some increasing numbers here, too. Frown
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Trump says the coronavirus is going away - MikeC/TX on 6/25/20 6:15pm
 Re: Trump says the coronavirus is going away - Luckydog on 6/26/20 5:19am
 Re: Trump says the coronavirus is going away - MikeC/TX on 6/26/20 3:55pm
 Re: Trump says the coronavirus is going away - shooterclay on 6/26/20 5:21pm
 Re: Trump says the coronavirus is going away - MikeC/TX on 6/26/20 6:19pm
 Re: Trump says the coronavirus is going away - shooterclay on 6/26/20 10:10pm
 Re: Trump says the coronavirus is going away - Luckydog on 6/27/20 1:33pm
 Re: Trump says the coronavirus is going away - Luckydog on 6/27/20 1:27pm
 Re: Trump says the coronavirus is going away -  JanetK_CA on 6/27/20 6:05pm
 Re: Trump says the coronavirus is going away - Luckydog on 6/28/20 11:06am
 Re: Trump says the coronavirus is going away - MikeC/TX on 6/28/20 4:20pm
 Re: Trump says the coronavirus is going away -  JanetK_CA on 6/28/20 5:32pm
 Re: Trump says the coronavirus is going away - MikeC/TX on 6/27/20 6:21pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.