Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Not picking fights with you, just not willing to allow you
Posted by Moneyman/TX of TX on 4/1/21 1:30pm Msg #78281
... to get away with acting as if you had not taken one position on a given subject in the past and then acting intentionally opaque about the same issue just because it is Democrats doing the same thing you didn't like before or Republicans doing something that you did like when it was Democrats doing it before. At times you have also claimed that you were unfamiliar with a specific topic although you had posted on it and claimed to have held strong positions at the time but now those same positions may not be as popular or they would force you to admit that Democrat politicians are just as hypocritical as a Republican ones.

As I said before, you are giving Biden a pass because you think that leaving Trump's tariffs in place while they "review" them is a reasonable thing to do, which I don't necessarily disagree with you, however, you cheer Biden for not doing the same thing with his immigration policy (as if he even has one). All I did was point out the inconsistencies in such partisan "beliefs".

As far as the way tariffs work, I fully understand that they make something imported more expensive, therefore, if one is in the business of buying such items, it is just Business 101 that they should look for a less expensive source which will, in turn, mean less would be purchased from the original source while the tariffs were in place. That would, in the end, place an economic hardship on the original source which would, in turn, help to force them to correct the actions which caused the tariffs in the first place. If in the meantime it should prove to be less expensive to have the item produced in the U.S., then that would help the U.S. economy and people. All I did was give you credit for at least staying consistent as far as your position on the idea of tariffs and your beliefs which you have previously stated regarding them.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Biden official admits Tump's China tariffs are "Effective" - Moneyman/TX on 3/25/21 3:02am
 Biden, Democrats Are Locking in Trump's Tariffs - Moneyman/TX on 3/25/21 3:04am
 Re: Biden official admits Tump - Luckydog on 3/25/21 11:33am
 Re: Biden official admits Tump - MikeC/TX on 3/25/21 6:00pm
 Re: Biden official admits Tump - shooterclay on 3/25/21 6:38pm
 Re: Biden official admits Tump - MikeC/TX on 3/25/21 11:23pm
 Re: Biden official admits Tump - shooterclay on 3/26/21 2:46am
 Re: Biden official admits Tump - MikeC/TX on 3/26/21 5:35pm
 Re: Biden official admits Tump - shooterclay on 3/27/21 7:34pm
 I think you are correct n/m - Moneyman/TX on 4/1/21 12:57pm
 As you know, Mike, EVERY new admin reviews the policies n/m - Moneyman/TX on 4/1/21 12:57pm
 Yet you always argue when it comes -  NJW/FL on 3/26/21 10:37am
 Re: Yet you always argue when it comes - MikeC/TX on 3/26/21 5:42pm
 Re: Even punctuation can change the whole context n/m - Carolyn Bodley on 3/26/21 10:38pm
 Re: Even punctuation can change the whole context - MikeC/TX on 3/27/21 5:49pm
 I'm all about context. - Moneyman/TX on 4/1/21 1:02pm
 Even the left-wing mouthpieces are reporting it, so I don't - Moneyman/TX on 4/1/21 12:55pm
 Re: Biden official admits Tump - Moneyman/TX on 3/25/21 11:05pm
 Re: Biden official admits Tump - MikeC/TX on 3/25/21 11:55pm
 Not picking fights with you, just not willing to allow you - Moneyman/TX on 4/1/21 1:30pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.