Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

More Marjorie Taylor Greene follies
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 4/18/21 12:15am Msg #78403
Madge's office announced she was forming a new "America First" caucus in Congress, which would focus on preserving our "Anglo-Saxon heritage". Paul Gosar, Louie Gohmert, and Matt Gaetz quickly signed on.

What exactly is our Anglo-Saxon heritage, and why does it need to be preserved? The last time I looked, we were a pretty diverse nation. Heck - MY ancestors were Italian, so I guess I don't qualify as Anglo-Saxon? I have friends who are Black or Latino - they don't qualify either, do they? And what about native Americans, the folks who were here before the Anglo-Saxons showed up?

Fun fact: you can't "discover" a country when there are people already living there.

Greene immediately got major blowback from her own party, which decided this was a bit too KKK for them, so what did she do? She retracted the idea and blamed it on her staff for releasing it without her approval. Like we're supposed to believe that ANY Congressperson would allow their staff to create and release a policy statement without their approval.

The wheels on the bus go "Thump, Thump, Thump"...
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 More Marjorie Taylor Greene follies - MikeC/TX on 4/18/21 12:15am
 Re: More Marjorie Taylor Greene follies -  Mike Goodey on 4/18/21 3:02pm
 Re: More Marjorie Taylor Greene follies - bagger on 4/19/21 1:40pm
 Re: More Marjorie Taylor Greene follies - MikeC/TX on 4/20/21 6:34pm
 So next time you see a Richard - Luckydog on 4/20/21 7:38pm
 Re: So next time you see a Richard - MikeC/TX on 4/21/21 4:14pm
 Re: More Marjorie Taylor Greene follies -  Mike Goodey on 4/21/21 9:53am
 Re: More Marjorie Taylor Greene follies - MikeC/TX on 4/21/21 4:22pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.