Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: I don
Posted by Luckydog of FL on 9/18/21 9:19pm Msg #79446
I am all for equality. Doesn't matter your color, we all bleed and die the same way. If you can do the job, your color shouldn't matter to get hired, where you live or go to school.
A month ago, a 16-year-old boy was shot and killed in his driveway about 7 blocks from my house. The only sign that something happened was a Crime Watch sign in the yard and a $5K reward. The local news ran a 20-second segment on it, they never found the shooter. This was a black high schooler.
A few days ago the Pet Alliance had a huge fire and some cats didn't make it...that story was aired for days, several times a day as breaking news even. Which tugged at my heart more? Unfortunately the fire...That's messed up, and the first to admit it.

I don't know why some stories get full USA coverage like the missing girl in FL on the road trip w/ her BF who is not talking, and then you get shootings, and nothing is covered. Is it the money? Is it the press? Is it "who you know"? Is it the curiosity of the story? Is it the emotional side of it? Is it touching on a topic that is hot right now nationwide and will go viral for ratings? I think so for all of the above.

PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 I don't recall any national outrage for this police shooting - Moneyman/TX on 9/18/21 6:23pm
 Re: I don - Luckydog on 9/18/21 9:19pm
 Re: I don -  Mike Goodey on 9/19/21 11:13am
 Re: I don - Luckydog on 9/19/21 3:33pm
 The media makes the news by deciding what to/not to cover - Moneyman/TX on 10/8/21 12:06pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.